Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Went from a 70D to a P90D... Holy cow what a difference

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We purchased a 70D a while back and ended up returning it for reasons I don't want to get into at the moment.

Late last week an inventory P90D popped up with 3200 miles on the odometer. Had pretty much every option except Ludicrous and the pricing made it hard to pass up even though it wasn't my first choice in color, Red. Needless to say though, at a $31,000 discount off sticker, i jumped on it and picked it up today.

I must say I never test drove a 90D or P90D for that matter because it was way more than I was looking to spend on a lease and didn't want to tempt myself. But holy cow does this thing move. It's night and day difference compared to my 70.

Expecting months and miles of fun driving this around for the next couple years.

Reactions: ModelX
Now you will have the REAL smile.... have fun.

BTW, the P90D non ludicrous is pretty uncommon. I would be interested to know what your 90% charge rated miles are. After 6 months my 90% is 236 rated miles, however I usually just charge up to 70% on a daily basis.

We purchased a 70D a while back and ended up returning it for reasons I don't want to get into at the moment.

Late last week an inventory P90D popped up with 3200 miles on the odometer. Had pretty much every option except Ludicrous and the pricing made it hard to pass up even though it wasn't my first choice in color, Red. Needless to say though, at a $31,000 discount off sticker, i jumped on it and picked it up today.

I must say I never test drove a 90D or P90D for that matter because it was way more than I was looking to spend on a lease and didn't want to tempt myself. But holy cow does this thing move. It's night and day difference compared to my 70.

Expecting months and miles of fun driving this around for the next couple years.

An almost $10.00/mile discounting is pretty good :)
Must be the classic front-end.

Last edited:
That is correct.

Would have loved the facelift but the lease difference was roughly $1700 a month to my $1023
What is the downside to buying an S from Inventory? It seems that the upside is (1) More car for the money, especially from perspective of option upgrades (including getting a 90D instead of a 75); (2) Almost immediate gratification insofar as getting in you new S within days (I would fly out anywhere and drive it back to Arizona where I live); (3) Usually at least a $10-15K discount from sticker. The only downside I see is getting a "New" vehicle with a couple thousand miles on it already. Any comments?

What is the downside to buying an S from Inventory? It seems that the upside is (1) More car for the money, especially from perspective of option upgrades (including getting a 90D instead of a 75); (2) Almost immediate gratification insofar as getting in you new S within days (I would fly out anywhere and drive it back to Arizona where I live); (3) Usually at least a $10-15K discount from sticker. The only downside I see is getting a "New" vehicle with a couple thousand miles on it already. Any comments?

But you do not sit online for the month watching it go through the status changes, the Vin # assignment, the chatting up with others and the "constant anxiety" of when it will show up? That is worth at least $10k on the sticker price :) I do think there is validity to the fact of paying full price for "my car" versus one that has been touched and driven by others is a factor. And by full price, I mean inclusive of $1000 referral discount linkage.

This issue with us used vs new was the front end refresh, which also included a few other features. If you can get over that, there are some great deals out there right now. Need someone to drive it back to AZ?