Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We're blowing it up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great news! Thank you!

I wonder if there's a way to see how many hits other EV makers' sites are getting? Or even how many hits specific models get, like the Ford Lightning EV site vs CT site, etc.?
Well Ford has about 100k reservations for the lightening. Tesla is selling about 1000+ model Ys a day. I don't think there is anyone close. Tesla has over a million reservations on a butt ugly truck. ( I ordered the 2wd)

Reactions: MBx4 and mrbulk
Whenever I go to the Tesla site to check my account…I also pretend to order a new Y…..2 weeks ago for Illinois delivery , the estimated delivery was October, last week it said November, if I were to order now as in today, the est delivery is December for the LR and 9-16 weeks for the Performance. I think a lot of peoples frustration is not the long wait but It’s not having an edd. If you tell me that I expect my car to be in say January 10….I won’t mind waiting 6 mo as long as I know that my car will be in those dates. It’s really a hope for the best expect the worse type of situation. I don’t even bother calling the contact number of my SA, I’m sure they themselves don’t know the situation….plus I’ve tried email and phone…I never got a response back.

Whenever I go to the Tesla site to check my account…I also pretend to order a new Y…..2 weeks ago for Illinois delivery , the estimated delivery was October, last week it said November, if I were to order now as in today, the est delivery is December for the LR and 9-16 weeks for the Performance. I think a lot of peoples frustration is not the long wait but It’s not having an edd. If you tell me that I expect my car to be in say January 10….I won’t mind waiting 6 mo as long as I know that my car will be in those dates. It’s really a hope for the best expect the worse type of situation. I don’t even bother calling the contact number of my SA, I’m sure they themselves don’t know the situation….plus I’ve tried email and phone…I never got a response back.
Our SA is "ok". She returns emails but not phone calls. When I do actually get her on the phone she seems to have a "couldn't care less" attitude but I would assume she gets a lot of people calling that are way outside the realm of normal..

The lack of EDD for over a week is what is killing me. If it said October, I wouldn't be thrilled but I'd be content. I've contacted the SA and all they do not see an estimate either.

The lack of EDD for over a week is what is killing me. If it said October, I wouldn't be thrilled but I'd be content. I've contacted the SA and all they do not see an estimate either.
I think I have an idea of how this is working. (Probably not, but it makes me feel smart)
Once you order you get a generic date (Oct)
When the order moves to the factory is goes blank.
Once the car is in the factory system you may go back to open date like (Oct) but you may get an EDD.
As the car moves through the build process your EDD changes according to build specs and component availability.
Once you get to a 20 day spread on your EDD the car is "in" the factory schedule and is being actively built.
If you go from a 20 spread back to open (Oct) then the car has been finished and is in logistics for delivery.
You SHOULD then go back to a 20 day or less spread.

This is EXACTLY what happens (I think)😁

• Funny
Reactions: jpy1980 and MBx4
This reminds me to hit up the ole site and see what changes are made to the line up. Part of those hits I bet are dreamers. That's the number that would be interesting to track between the different EV models. I'm always looking at the Plaid.