Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We're finally at PTO (from the utility side)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seemed like Tesla has been congested with lots of final submissions seeing as ours took almost two weeks to go through. I was surprised to find security camera footage of our utility company replacing the meter while I've been away for work, even though we weren't given a heads up.

Our utility (and tesla installers) said it's fine to switch the system on once the net meter has been installed despite no update from the Tesla (site order status or text confirmation). With that being said, we have no data showing up in the Telsa app which is likely due to additional configuration being needed before Tesla formally states PTO.

Once the Tesla app is functioning I'll be testing out the SolarEdge zigbee gateway to verify if communication will continue to function normally with the Tesla gateway (non-powerwall) and ethernet(SE gateway).

Other than that, we're happy to have the system running roughly 2 months from order.

14.6kw array (43x 340w q.cell panels)
2x SE7600 inverters

IMG_1277.jpg IMG_1280.jpg

Once the Tesla app is functioning I'll be testing out the SolarEdge zigbee gateway to verify if communication will continue to function normally with the Tesla gateway (non-powerwall) and ethernet(SE gateway)

Congrats on getting up and running:). Good luck with your testing. Unfortunately, from what I know of the inverters I suspect that they will connect to one gateway or the other, but not both simultaneously. I would be surprised if they work together. Of course, I have been surprised before, so it’s absolutely worth trying. I look forward to seeing your results.