TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

We're on vacation and my husband keeps making fun of me...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Liz G, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Liz G

Liz G P03056

We're on vacation and my husband keeps making fun of me because I keep forgetting to lock the car. And several times I've gotten out of the car and left it running.

And on to of that I've nearly rear ended several cars, because I have no regen.

Vacation isn't nearly as much fun without my Tesla.

Can't wait to pump gas (heavy sarcasm)!

2. Madartist

Madartist Member

I totally understand. My wife and I have done exactly the same things in our gas car. We also reach to the steering wheel to shift too. Enjoy your vacation.

3. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

Yes, it's all so annoying. I've been doing a lot of traveling, driving rental cars at the far end of airline legs, plus my Sig S was in the shop for a month for body work (all better, thank you!). It was driving me crazy how archaic the driving experience is with an ICE. Especially that $%@%!! Jeep they gave us on Kauai...

4. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

It's normal, I get in my wife's Mercedes and when I come to park it I turn on the wipers. She just laughs, forget how to put it in drive. Hope by next year we will not have this problem with just the S and the X in the garage.

5. Canuck

Canuck Active Member

lol... so true... :)

6. Half Dollar Bill

Half Dollar Bill Traveller, teacher, poet, accountant

Yes, I am not looking forward to the holidays. We are visiting family in Indy and I may have to take the ICE if the Columbus supercharger isn't online. Or spend some time charging at the service center. It will be the longest I've driven an ICE (VA it IN) in about a year. I know I'll be making the same mistakes. We're all just wired differently now.

7. Liz G

Liz G P03056

It's definitely been an adventure. Took me awhile to figure out how to surf channels on the radio and we've had the car for 3 days now and I still haven't figured out how to access the nav system.

To many buttons and symbols. I'll take the Tesla's touch screen any day.

8. johnnyS

johnnyS Member

On vacation our rental car was a Dodge Avenger. The name sounds good, the car did not live up to the name. I thought to myself, how to people stand driving such a car?

9. Liz G

Liz G P03056

LOL