Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

West Coast Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So last week and this week a lot of cars are being picked up. It seems like there have not been many issues. Most of the the comments seem positive. With only minor scuffs or so to report. I'm picking mine up later today and I'm super excited. How through have people been lately with check lists? It seems like the quality has gotten better. I don't want to be so excited and miss something.

How do you tell if mirrors are auto dimming?

I think there was a lighter outline around the mirrors does that mean anything?
Auto_Dim_SideView.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Siromnom
Got my car yesterday. Was amazing.

Car came out near perfectly besides the slight panel misalignment and the rubber thing on the drivers side of the window but overall I'd say my experience was pretty good.

Attachments

• 20200920_151534.jpg
    20200920_151534.jpg
    721.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 20200920_192400.jpg
    20200920_192400.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 20200920_192339.jpg
    20200920_192339.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 41
8/25: Ordered
9/17: Most recent text: Expect Delivery 3-9 days
9/21: My account updated to: Estimated Delivery: September 20 - September 26

EDIT:

Just noticed that the Mvpa was posted and I have the button to "Add Account and Pay"

15 miles on the odometer
VIN: 801xxx

Last edited:
PNW SR+ Black on Black with 19” Wheels

8/1 - Ordered with time-frame of 5 to 8 weeks
8/6 - Autotext saying 5 to 8 weeks
8/19 - Autotext saying 4 to 6 weeks (text from SA, “no change”)
9/2 - Autotext saying 2 to 4 weeks
9/6 - Email from SA says “soft-match delivery date 9/21”
9/13 - Email from SA says “forecasted last week in September”
9/14 - Email from SA says “hard to know.. safe to say between 25th and 30th”
9/18 - Text from SA “nothing yet, very soon”

There hasn’t been any changes on the Order page in my account either.

PNW SR+ Black on Black with 19” Wheels

8/1 - Ordered with time-frame of 5 to 8 weeks
8/6 - Autotext saying 5 to 8 weeks
8/19 - Autotext saying 4 to 6 weeks (text from SA, “no change”)
9/2 - Autotext saying 2 to 4 weeks
9/6 - Email from SA says “soft-match delivery date 9/21”
9/13 - Email from SA says “forecasted last week in September”
9/14 - Email from SA says “hard to know.. safe to say between 25th and 30th”
9/18 - Text from SA “nothing yet, very soon”

There hasn’t been any changes on the Order page in my account either.

Funny, my SA's text this morning was almost the exact same!
"Not yet, this week"

Received 3-8 day text on Thursday.

Funny, my SA's text this morning was almost the exact same!
"Not yet, this week"

Received 3-8 day text on Thursday.

I heard from my SA (who might even be the same as yours as I'm in the North Bay) that they would be delivered in the last week of Sept. For work scheduling purposes I asked if that was this week or the 29th/30th. The response was either. I hope the end of waiting is near but until I'm actually driving the car I won't believe it. Selling my car 4 weeks ago may not have been the smartest decision...

I heard from my SA (who might even be the same as yours as I'm in the North Bay) that they would be delivered in the last week of Sept. For work scheduling purposes I asked if that was this week or the 29th/30th. The response was either. I hope the end of waiting is near but until I'm actually driving the car I won't believe it. Selling my car 4 weeks ago may not have been the smartest decision...
Haha, ordered the Model 3 on 08/30 and sold my car on 9/5. Still waiting on a vin. I did get the 3-10 day message on 9/17. Learned my lesson. Lol.

Are you also picking up at Colma?
My SA works at the Van Ness center but they setup a pop-up delivery center in Colma for end of quarter deliveries which is where I am expected to take delivery.

It seems like California deliveries can move from receiving a text to being picked up in < 24 hours so I am still hopeful to get some news this week.

Are you also picking up at Colma?
My SA works at the Van Ness center but they setup a pop-up delivery center in Colma for end of quarter deliveries which is where I am expected to take delivery.

It seems like California deliveries can move from receiving a text to being picked up in < 24 hours so I am still hopeful to get some news this week.

My SA is out of Corte Madera. I was supposed to pick up in Burlingame but found out from him that they closed that location and are using Colma instead. There was an article posted that said Elon Musk was pushing hard for deliveries to CA this week in an effort to exceed targets. That sounds like good news for deliveries but maybe problematic for quality control.

Fingers crossed for ya! I ordered on 9/3 so I think I still have some waiting to do. Mine still says 2-4 weeks from order date.

You and I are on the same boat. Ordered 9/5, pick up from Buena Park. Gray with Black Interior, SR+, 18 in Aero. So far these are my updates:

September 5th - Order Placed
September 6th - Website "Estimated delivery: Sept 12 - September 26"
September 9th - Text: Tesla update "We currently expect your Model 3 to be ready for delivery 2 - 3 weeks from today
September 9th - Website changed: "Estimated delivery 2 - 4 weeks from order placed"
September 17th - Text: Tesla update "We currently expect your Model 3 to be ready for delivery 6 - 13 DAYS from today