TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

West Coast FL Supercharger Opening Suggestion

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Lawsteve, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

In a recent post, Larry Chanin mentioned Tesla might still be planning ribbon cutting ceremonies for Tampa, Ocala, and Lake City.

It might be fun to have all three happen on the same day and coordinate a road trip convoy of Tesla's, most likely starting in Tampa, then on to Ocala, and finishing in Lake City.

Larry - it's time to call your contacts on this.

Of course, at the rate the electric company is moving in Tampa and Ocala this might be a Christmas convoy!

2. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

#2 Larry Chanin, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
    Hi Steve,

Sorry, I have been in contact with Tesla and they have confirmed that your suggestion is not logistically possible. Tesla will be sending the same Tesla representative to attend all ceremonies. They schedule these ceremonies for 10:00am on weekdays.

They are planning to kick off a series of ceremonies during a single week after a Georgia station is operational. It is likely that not all locations in Florida will have a ceremony. I'm guessing that this series of celebrations will occur late next month.

Larry

3. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Very interesting...

I was not aware of any Georgia locations under construction. Do you have any hints on where this Georgia Supercharger might be?

4. Larry Chanin

I didn't say that it was under construction. All I am prepared to say is consult the Coming Soon dot map.

Larry

5. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

That would be a fast build for Atlanta. I hope you are right!

6. Larry Chanin

It wouldn't be the first time Tesla suggested an optimistic schedule. :wink:

Larry