Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

West Denver Windshield chip repair.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning all -

I was driving this morning in the west metro and one of the big plow trucks launched a rock at my windshield. It is about the size of a nickel directly in my view. Normally I would just replace the windshield but with the Tesla it is more expensive then usual (I have heard). Has anyone used a third party like Safelte that they would recommended to fix a windshield chip?

I live in Conifer

Thank you in advance.

Ugh - I *just* had Safelite repair a chip in my windshield yesterday!

My insurance company (GEICO) covered the cost of the repair, or a $50 deductible if it couldn't be repaired and required a replacement. In my case, the chip was not directly in my line of site - low near bottom and almost centered.

I opted to have the chip repaired and they did a pretty decent job. Mind you, the chip is still visible but significantly better. I'm sure over time I won't even be paying attention to it anymore.

The repair process was pretty simple. They warm up the glass, create a vacuum and inject some cement into the crack then seal the outside. Took about 15 mins total.

Reactions: MntMike