Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

West Drayton/Heathrow Sept month end pickups

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my SR+ yesterday from West Drayton, scheduled pickup 4pm. Arrived early, around 2:30pm as I came by train, thought I'd have a look around to fill the time. Very excited, constantly peering around corners to try and spot my reg number.

Watched the presentation which, as commented earlier, was a little difficult to hear, think they need a better quality microphone for the speaker as it was muffled and hard to understand a fair bit of it. Luckily all he had to say was on the screen anyway so no major issues.

Walked around the room for a while to keep moving (and due to the fact there was nowhere near enough seating for the mass of people waiting to pick up!)

Was told at around 5pm that it would be no more than 30 minutes, guaranteed. Finally got the car at 7pm! By which time I'd logged almost 8000 steps so it wasn't all bad!

The car handover was done very professionally but I was disappointed to find my car was only charged to 20% so I had to charge up at the Service Centre before starting my 250 mile journey home.

Couldn't quite believe the speed of the Superchargers there, was ready to go before I had time to finish playing with the amazing touchscreen in the cabin.

The car is an absolute joy to drive, couldn't stop smiling all the way home (apart from the adrenalin rushes when the TACC slows down or accelerates aggressively when cars in front move out of the way or dive in front of you).

The staff at West Drayton couldn't have been more helpful and cheerful, just wish they'd given me an honest estimate as to when the car was going to be ready.

Oh jeez, I'm due to pick up tomorrow at 12 and given how many comments there are about being in and out in an hour, I was planning to basically do it in my lunch and be back for a meeting at 2pm. Now with the numbers of cars being picked up it sounds like I could be waiting a couple of hours just to get in to the car.

It sounds crazy busy. Anyone know where you are supposed to park the trade in car?

Also I don't have a reg yet to sort out insurance but hopefully that will come through today. I have to say my excitement of collecting a car after waiting nearly 3.5 years is rapidly turning to concern and stress. Sadly I'm pleased that I'm now not arriving with the wife to 'enjoy the handover experience' together as planned... as by the sound of it she'd think I'm mad for spending so much and getting so little service. Apparently it will be worth it and the pain shortly forgotten.

Reactions: adsheff
Oh jeez, I'm due to pick up tomorrow at 12 and given how many comments there are about being in and out in an hour, I was planning to basically do it in my lunch and be back for a meeting at 2pm. Now with the numbers of cars being picked up it sounds like I could be waiting a couple of hours just to get in to the car.

It sounds crazy busy. Anyone know where you are supposed to park the trade in car?

Also I don't have a reg yet to sort out insurance but hopefully that will come through today. I have to say my excitement of collecting a car after waiting nearly 3.5 years is rapidly turning to concern and stress. Sadly I'm pleased that I'm now not arriving with the wife to 'enjoy the handover experience' together as planned... as by the sound of it she'd think I'm mad for spending so much and getting so little service. Apparently it will be worth it and the pain shortly forgotten.

Turn left when entering rather than turning right into the superchargers area and park wherever you can, then just tell them where you parked

They’ve definitely improved the preparations

e.g.

E5657D1E-8229-4F6C-9E7C-55BF81A66265.jpeg

Enjoy your collection today.

For anyone arriving early or wanting to admire your new toy over coffee and really good cake we found this tea room just up the road when I collected two weeks ago.

The tea room we stopped at was : Rural Activities
W Drayton Rd, Hillingdon, Uxbridge UB8 3JZ

• Informative
Reactions: j6Lpi429@3j
Likewise - 1.00pm collection at WD tomorrow, got my reg number at about 11.00 this morning.

Yes, text came through just before 11am, phew. :)

Warning, don't be careless like me... Went to confirm insurance quote with LV, added new reg on to the system, proceeded to payment screen and realised that I had made a mistake in my name (first name and surname reversed somehow, I thought it automatically fed through from GoCompare so not sure how that happened... you just couldn't make it up!) so edited quote to fix that, kept everything else the same and... quote went up by £100! (420 -> 520) Called them and basically they can't honour the old quote as the name was different and effectively I'm now getting a new quote for the following day. :(

Tried to regenerate it from the gocompare system but with no joy. Luckily I also had a comparethemarket quote, which was £10 dearer and no excess cover, but that went though ok (names were correct on that). Gives me an excuse for a drive out and a 2-4-1 meal on Sunday I guess. :)