Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

West Drayton/Heathrow Sept month end pickups

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, text came through just before 11am, phew. :)

Warning, don't be careless like me... Went to confirm insurance quote with LV, added new reg on to the system, proceeded to payment screen and realised that I had made a mistake in my name (first name and surname reversed somehow, I thought it automatically fed through from GoCompare so not sure how that happened... you just couldn't make it up!) so edited quote to fix that, kept everything else the same and... quote went up by £100! (420 -> 520) Called them and basically they can't honour the old quote as the name was different and effectively I'm now getting a new quote for the following day. :(

Tried to regenerate it from the gocompare system but with no joy. Luckily I also had a comparethemarket quote, which was £10 dearer and no excess cover, but that went though ok (names were correct on that). Gives me an excuse for a drive out and a 2-4-1 meal on Sunday I guess. :)

Thanks - fortunately I’m already with LV so it’s a simple swap. My policy renews early November- very convenient!

No. Too many and some too bad. Will be going to Brooklands in about a month and will be loaned a MS while it is mended. Superchargering before going home. I have been here over 3h. Bring a sandwich if you have a morning appt!

So sorry to read this. Obviously a big anticlimax after all the hype... but at least you have the MS to tide you over. What's happened to the slick handover they promised...? Obviously just too many cars to get through, and some of those with issues. Another 'learning point' for Tesla. I hope they at least kept you topped up with tea and biscuits during the wait.

I know that we're probably a small proportion of all M3 deliveries, but the number of people with issues is very concerning. Rushed collection via en-masse hand-over sessions adds to the stress of it all. On top of all that:

- I'm struggling to get a final invoice with correct buyer details on it
- I've sent a test payment transaction of £1 but struggling to get confirmation of receipt
- Requests to purchase a commando adapter and an extra rear plate seem to have been routed to /dev/null

I'm really worried what will happen once I get the car! I'm having a serious wobble at the moment. My hand is poised on the mouse button to pay the final invoice!

So sorry to read this. Obviously a big anticlimax after all the hype... but at least you have the MS to tide you over. What's happened to the slick handover they promised...? Obviously just too many cars to get through, and some of those with issues. Another 'learning point' for Tesla. I hope they at least kept you topped up with tea and biscuits during the wait.
On the other hand it’s a super car to drive and my kids love it! So far no regrets just a pity about so many snags. Proud to be driving it and not throwing emissions into the air! I feel happy driving it :)

Oh jeez, I'm due to pick up tomorrow at 12 and given how many comments there are about being in and out in an hour, I was planning to basically do it in my lunch and be back for a meeting at 2pm. Now with the numbers of cars being picked up it sounds like I could be waiting a couple of hours just to get in to the car.

It sounds crazy busy. Anyone know where you are supposed to park the trade in car?

Also I don't have a reg yet to sort out insurance but hopefully that will come through today. I have to say my excitement of collecting a car after waiting nearly 3.5 years is rapidly turning to concern and stress. Sadly I'm pleased that I'm now not arriving with the wife to 'enjoy the handover experience' together as planned... as by the sound of it she'd think I'm mad for spending so much and getting so little service. Apparently it will be worth it and the pain shortly forgotten.
Ignore the handover experience. I was there for 3 hours despite being taken on time. Love love the car and my colour (white).

I’m here but lots of scratches and paint defects. Also appears car has been washed with a window down.

Must have been difficult to see light scratches on white which I think is one of the reasons they changed to the free white colour.

Ignore the handover experience. I was there for 3 hours despite being taken on time. Love love the car and my colour (white).

Thats a long time to be waiting, I was think 30m was too long to wait!

Must have been difficult to see light scratches on white which I think is one of the reasons they changed to the free white colour.

Thats a long time to be waiting, I was think 30m was too long to wait!
I go taken at 11 as planned. The presentation was around 15-20 mins then got taken to our cars. The time drain was mostly down to the issues with my car and partly doing a supercharge before I left ( supercharge probs accounted for 30-40 mins of the 3h.

Reactions: Rooster6655
At West Drayton now. Looks busy. Aiming for 250 today.

there’s a few inventory cars on the website btw

Attachments

• C98912B5-2D34-45C8-9916-FC1A3A22A5E5.jpeg
    C98912B5-2D34-45C8-9916-FC1A3A22A5E5.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Informative
Reactions: freekie
Appointment at 11. I arrived at 10.30. Did my BH bit. Watched the video with about 30 others. Had coffee and biscuits. Called for car at 11.30. No drama with Ben. Left soon after 12. Home by 12.30. Must admit despite being very busy, all staff were brilliant. None of the BS you have to go through at BMW or Mercedes. Very impressed - car was clean inside and out. Ben the handover guy had checked the car, found the blue cable missing but had already collected another from the store.
Thank you Tesla - you appear to have your act together!

Being rushed out once sat in the car was no fun, and the amount of waxy gunk/water spots etc on the leather is not great. That said, the car is tremendous, and easily worth it.

Ohg, and I moaned about no frunk carpet and they're expressing one for delivery tomorrow :) Their staff were mostly a credit to them; polite, agile and good-humoured despite the shitshow

Easy collection. Arrived about 10:45 for an 11 appointment. Paid cash and I was offered a 'ludicrous' collection as it was clear I'd watched enough youtube videos I'd be ok.

Still took some time as my car wasn't at the front so I half watched the presentation (still useful!) and enjoyed a coffee from the marvellous barista.

Had to charge as I only had 33% and needed to drive to Wales; this wasn't an issue. A very helpful guy made sure people didn't stay too long and everyone got a go in turn. All in all I was out by 12:30.

Nothing wrong with the car other than a slight squeak from the steering wheel when it's on full lock; which I don't really care enough about but might mention along the way.

Stopped off at Membury Services on the M4 just to try it out and was greeted by an S owner, who was next to two X owners all on the non 3 friendly chargers then played with Auto Pilot all the way home. Magnificent.

Just updated to v.9, plugged it into my own Tesla charger that's working great, both kids have played a level of Buggy Racing or whatever it's called, and trying to work out if I should bother with Sentry mode or not.

Delighted. What a day.

I know that we're probably a small proportion of all M3 deliveries, but the number of people with issues is very concerning. Rushed collection via en-masse hand-over sessions adds to the stress of it all. On top of all that:

- I'm struggling to get a final invoice with correct buyer details on it
- I've sent a test payment transaction of £1 but struggling to get confirmation of receipt
- Requests to purchase a commando adapter and an extra rear plate seem to have been routed to /dev/null

I'm really worried what will happen once I get the car! I'm having a serious wobble at the moment. My hand is poised on the mouse button to pay the final invoice!

Hi

I also did a £1 test just after I added Tesla as an online banking payee. Where do u expect to see that they got the £1 ? I assume u just make the payments with the correct details and ref no and assume the best !

[QUOTE="smackshaw, post: 4056883, member: 108129", and trying to work out if I should bother with Sentry mode or not.

Delighted. What a day.[/QUOTE]

I tried out Sentry mode on my first trip to a carpark and it registered a few hits. When I got back home I had a look and saw a few couples admiring the car and walking around it. Very good quality video btw. Well worth using. I wonder if Tesla will integrate this somehow. Is there any internal memory in the car I wonder? Could be a huge selling point if it was easily downloadable and incorporated the rear camera too IMHO :cool: