TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

West Drayton Opening Party - Thursday

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by dpeilow, Jul 22, 2014.

1. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Who else is going?

2. Kevin Sharpe

Kevin Sharpe Active Member

en route to the US so will miss out this time :-(

3. Nhallwood

Nhallwood Member

I'll be there

4. mellington

mellington Member

I'm sure my DS won't be going, he's too busy answering emails. Oh no, he doesn't do that.

5. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

#5 dpeilow, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
    Heads up: I've been told twice that there is no charging available tonight. Best they could offer was 22KW at Heston, but the eastbound side is down at the time of writing.

Edit: The service station said we can cross to the West side if needed.

6. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Well it was quite a low key event by previous standards but the new Country Director, Georg Ell gave a nice talk. I found out that this will be the only service centre for London going forward (there were plans to keep West Acton open for Roadster but this has changed - good).

Good to see Malcolm again, sorry we only managed to chat briefly.

I was the only Roadster owner there. In fact the young employee directing parking on the way in clearly didn't recognise it.

20140724_193804.jpg 20140724_193757.jpg
    20140724_210941.jpg

I tried to fish for info on the 400 mile battery but they knew no more than we do. Apparently it was not meant to be discussed yet ;)

Disappointed re charging too. I was told at the last minute there was a 32A socket, only to then be delayed until after the speeches so we would have only got 30 minutes on it. It was for my friend's Outlander PHEV so not a disaster, but still.

7. Mark77a

Mark77a Member

Any good news for Kevin, David ?

8. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Nothing was said to me and I doubt very much they would comment on a case like that. The head of service was not there anyway (in the US on business).