TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

West side to Pullman

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Yarder, Jun 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Yarder

Yarder Member

Has anyone here driven to Pullman from the west side? I am considering going to a WSU football game this fall and I would like to know the route. I'm guessing that the Holiday Inn Express in Pullman would be impossible to get a charge on a football weekend. Has anyone used a Supercharger somewhere and back from Pullman? I see Ritzville, Tri Cities, Spokane and Coeur d'Alene with Superchargers. I have a 70D.

2. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Member

I've not done it, either from Kennewick or Ritzville, but it should be relatively easy from Ritzville (about 90 mi one way). The biggest problem will be if the wind picks up. Still, there are several charging options now that didn't exist years ago. Even though it's a football weekend, I'd still plan on charging at one of the options on Plugshare.

3. Yarder

Yarder Member

OK, I'm going to pull the trigger and get football tickets for a WSU game this fall. I'm just hoping that I'll have enough power for round trip Ritzville - Pullman. According to the maps, it's 94 miles each way, round trip using 198 miles. I suppose I shouldn't worry, at a 100% full charge I have 234 miles.

Has anyone else made this trip?

4. qwk

qwk Model S P2681

You won't have trouble charging at the Holiday Inn, that place has been deserted every time I've been there(quite a bit). They also have 2 Hpwc's, and 1 J1772.

5. IdaX

IdaX Member

I have a Tesla charger at my house across the border in Moscow, Idaho -- 17kW. PM me if you'd like to grab juice from it. Happy to have you parked overnight as may be necessary...

I've tested out the Destination Charger at the Holiday Inn in Pullman, though, and it was working as of a month ago anyway, so that's a great option.

6. ibdb

ibdb 3 Car Garage and a 5 Car Life

If you haven't yet, take a look at something like EVTripplanner (EV Trip Planner) or A Better Route Planner (A Better Routeplanner). They'll take into consideration things other than just the distance that can affect your range.