TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

West Virginia owners?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by RomainiacWV, Mar 23, 2014.

1. RomainiacWV

RomainiacWV Member

I know the are a couple of us at least. hoping that someone reads the forums? If you live in the state, just reaching out to say hello and see if there is any interest into any kind of meet up one day like other regions have.

Info on myself, my name is Robbie and I live in Charleston. owner since 8/13. I think this car supports this state in so many ways. one of which is that it supports a move from fossil fuels to electrical power and therefore supports a state industry of coal. thus my license plate says COALPWRD. I'm not a supporter of coal power over cleaner energy but I'm also not nieve enough to believe that a solar electric revolution can happen all at once, and carbon electric is cheap and available.
    the state doesn't seem like a commuter state, but it really is. while people don't drive an hour to work due to traffic and expansive suburbs, they do because their families come from rural places. many people I know spend several hundred dollars a week driving from work and back. I think the Tesla would suit so many people here, especially if a pickup could be made.
    Also hoping we can link up so that we can at least set up a charging network for each other to be able to travel about as there are limited options in the state.

2. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I have a request of your group to contact Tamarack to ask that they install a 70-80 amp J1772 to make it easier to travel in your state. I have sent a few notes but if they hear from several of us maybe they will do it. I plan to drive my Roadster through the state to Pittsburgh and there are not many charging options. Yet.

3. LXAwolf

LXAwolf New Member

I am not from West Virgina, but travel through on 70 / 270 when I travel home from New Jersey to Ohio. I would Love to see I-70 with superchargers to allow a oil free trip. I agree that most of our power does come from coal. It is at the same time is a DOMESTIC resource. Its use does provide needed jobs to the Appalachian area. At the same time keeping money in this country not exporting it to nations that support extreme views. Could we do better? Yes but then you can say that about everything.

4. ABVA

ABVA Member

I frequently drive from Northern Virginia to Clarksburg, WV. Would love to drive my MS through beautiful mountains of WV for these trips but can't due to lack of Charging options, hope it improves in the near future.

5. maddog1762

maddog1762 Member

Any feedback from your suggestion? Would be great to get a SC at that location. West Virginia is a waste land. Why wouldn't the Tamarack want Tesla owners there? Brings in money to there businesses. Make good business sense?

6. EVTECH

EVTECH Member

Send them this link make them aware they can get them with little to no investment. its a no brainer as a resort hotel if Tesla is willing to do that much.

Destination Charging

7. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

And please contact Tamarack as they have an ideal location. Some 80 amp chargers would help a lot. I have written them twice but I am sure they need more encouragement to put in some infrastructure.

8. JMichael557

JMichael557 Member

I live in Charleston, WV and just ordered a P85D for delivery in June. I have seen you car around town.