TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Westchester NY/Southern CT Parking Sensors/Radar Detector Group Buy

Discussion in 'New England' started by wormhole, Nov 15, 2013.

1. wormhole

wormhole Banned

All, Joe, the owner of J&B Body Works, the official body shop for the White Plains SC has come through again. I called him regarding parkings sensors and installation of the Passport 9500ci radar detection/laser jamming systems. He put me in touch with his guy who does all their work for Miller Motorcars. I was quoted $2K for the 9500ci install and $1000 or less for the parking sensor install. I have proposed he used Steelmate PTS800MM system. This system will have 8 flush mounted sensors, 4 in front and 4 in back. There will be two visual and audible cues, the front likely mounted on top of the dash (similar to Mercedes mounting) and the rear in the headliner (also similar to the Mercedes installs). The 9500ci is the most advanced system on the market, and I was routinely quoted $200 or more than the aforementioned price from multiple other local installers (none of whom work with Tesla's local 'official' body shop). Rob (the installer), said the display would be integrated into the exiting rear view mirror while the controller would be place somewhere in the center console.

I intend on doing this, as I trust Joe and J&B implicitly. My thought was that if there were multiple other local MS owners, we could get a further discount through a group buy. The process would take a couple days per car as Rob is very detailed with his work (again he primarily does work, as does J&B, for Miller MotorCars.).

If anyone is interested in this let me know via PM.