Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Westchester TeslaOwners Chapter - Curb Alert Installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,
I recently installed the EV Package of Curb Alert for front parking sensors. Yes its just a central mount, but it works pretty well and cost $150. I literally took me 30 minutes to install, but to truly hide the wires, it required removing the nose cone, a the two plastic sections underneath the hood (central one exposing the fuse box and the passenger side top to the right of the frunk as you look at it), and the driver-side post (via underneath the 'Airbag' clip). Not for the faint of heart but it goes back together easily and was a breeze to setup. I mounted the sensor just under the front license plate.

If anyone wants to get one, happy to help install at the next meet up or walk people through it.

I installed curb alert about a month ago and it's performance has been irregular. This is rendering it useless because it does not alert consistently. Does yours consistently alert you to curbs? Mine is mounted just below the nosecone. Perhaps this is the problem. I may have to re-position mine. Can you provide a photo of your installation. I really want this to work as it could solve the problem of curb rash.

Haven't had any problems thus far, i think the calibration part is particularly important, as is keeping the sensor clean. I installed it as I said just below my license plate and angled it down a bit...hopefully you can see it right below the "RE S" of Empire State

10749633984_22325a7c23.jpg