Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend of mine (non-Tesla owner) sent me a picture of a Supercharger station in Shelby, Montana. A month ago. I was surprised that it was not already on supercharge.info. It looks like it's just waiting to be hooked up.

As I have not traveled there I cannot be certain that this information is accurate. If someone wants to do some Google streetview perusing...View attachment 241338
I got excited there for a minute but yes, that's Lima. The only charger I've been to with a gravel lot. Jan's diner next to the charger is "interesting"... I'd recommend eating before you get to Lima and making it a quick charge-and-go. :)

Reactions: derekasch
I got excited there for a minute but yes, that's Lima. The only charger I've been to with a gravel lot. Jan's diner next to the charger is "interesting"... I'd recommend eating before you get to Lima and making it a quick charge-and-go. :)

Sorry if I falsely raised hopes. The friend who sent me the photo said it was "after Helena, Montana on I-15 en route to Lethbridge!", and when I prodded further he was sure it was Shelby.

IMG_7161.JPG
Never mind. Opened when I was 10 km away. Almost finished the renovation.

View attachment 241602 Never mind. Opened when I was 10 km away. Almost finished the renovation.
Just arrived at Hope and they have finished the paving and striping for the new parking spaces. Looks really close to being done now. I will say that the layout of the new stalls is not intiutive, you can connect to two different chargers when you are parked in the space that allows forward facing access, but that charger is also very well placed for charging with a trailer attached. @ohmman will have to give it a try.

IMG_20170816_150606.jpg
IMG_20170816_150529.jpg

Just arrived at Hope and they have finished the paving and striping for the new parking spaces. Looks really close to being done now. I will say that the layout of the new stalls is not intiutive, you can connect to two different chargers when you are parked in the space that allows forward facing access, but that charger is also very well placed for charging with a trailer attached. @ohmman will have to give it a try.
Perhaps this is a new attempt to allow people to charge in more than one spot. I think it will just confuse things.

View attachment 241990 View attachment 241991
I think the best way to hook up with a camper is actually to parallel park across the back side. That would leave the others available and would likely block the least amount of throughway. But without going there, it's hard to tell. I guess I'll have to plan a trip...

Reactions: Canuck
This is what I found on the ground in stall 1A at the original superchargers at Hope. Sloppy clean up by whoever built the new wall around the transformers. I walked the area to pick up any other debris I could find, but it's a good reminder to be cautious anywhere they are doing construction.

View attachment 242090

Yikes! I was just at Hope. Luckily nobody got a flat and thanks for picking up the screws KF.

Currently, the Edmonton Supercharger gets locked away at night (landlord locks the manual gates to the parking lot). It seems Tesla may be planning on replacing one of the gates with something owners could open up, as the Nav entry for the supercharger shows a 4 digit code.

Attachments

• SC.jpg
    SC.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 57