Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps it became the West Vancouver, Delta, or South Surrey locations once the location was more fleshed out, all of those seem newly added this round.

@Xelloss99 FYI the South Surrey one has been on the list for... I'm guessing 9-12 months. It seems to have replaced what was originally a planned White Rock location during a previous quarterly update like this.

Reactions: NSTM3 and Xelloss99
Perhaps it became the West Vancouver, Delta, or South Surrey locations once the location was more fleshed out, all of those seem newly added this round.

I think the West Vancouver and South Surrey locations were on the upcoming map already, but during the last update, the Vancity one just vanished. Vancity is in dire need of not just one location, but easily 3-4 are needed now, and not with pay parking! UBC, Kitsilano, South Granville and Oakridge all need SC's.

Oddly enough West Vancouver has the highest rate of Tesla registrations in Canada per capita, yet West Van doesn't even have 1 fast charger (50kw+) at all, let alone any SC's. So strange! According to someone I know that works at ICBC ... West Van #1 and North Van #2 but at least North Van has quite a few fast charging options.

Oddly enough West Vancouver has the highest rate of Tesla registrations in Canada per capita, yet West Van doesn't even have 1 fast charger (50kw+) at all, let alone any SC's.

As a new West Van resident I can say that the number of Teslas on the road here appears to be even higher than what I used to see around my home on the San Francisco Peninsula. It is unfortunate that West Van has no fast chargers at all, the nearest being one in Horseshoe Bay and several in North Van. I ascribe that to West Van being overwhelmingly residential in nature with just a couple of small pockets of commercial buildings. Most people have garages so they can charge at home (including me) but the many older condo buildings likely have no chargers. I am a bit surprised that Tesla has not been able to find space at the Park Royale shopping center for some Supercharger stalls. There is a Tesla Showroom there with multiple Destination Chargers behind it. While surface parking at the center is always crowded, there is a big multi-level parking structure (free parking) that would seem suitable.

Recently went on a road trip from Edmonton with my 2020 MYLR, to the lower mainland in BC, holy crap man you guys have a lot of Tesla’s, I’ve never seen so many white model 3’s and X’s in my life, you can drive around Edmonton all week and maybe see 5 or 6, Tesla’s (not white) when I stopped to charge in Coquitlam there was 2 or 3 open stalls, but within 10 minutes a dozen Tesla’s showed up (mostly white) cruising for a stall, BC definitely loves their Teslas.

Recently went on a road trip from Edmonton with my 2020 MYLR, to the lower mainland in BC, holy crap man you guys have a lot of Tesla’s, I’ve never seen so many white model 3’s and X’s in my life, you can drive around Edmonton all week and maybe see 5 or 6, Tesla’s (not white) when I stopped to charge in Coquitlam there was 2 or 3 open stalls, but within 10 minutes a dozen Tesla’s showed up (mostly white) cruising for a stall, BC definitely loves their Teslas.
Yes, you can stand on the corner of just about any main street here in Vancouver and 5 or 6 Teslas (mostly white) will pass by almost any given minute :)

Beyond the provincial grant, I think they just make a lot of sense for the commutes people have from the bedroom communities into the major work centers. Electricity is cheap and fuel is expensive.

One of the big benefits with all the Tesla's being sold in BC is the rapid expansion of the Supercharger network this year, particularly outside of the Lower Mainland. It is doubtful that expansion would take place without the sales numbers being so high. More Superchargers in new areas will likely promote further Tesla sales, meaning more chargers, and so on....

One of the big benefits with all the Tesla's being sold in BC is the rapid expansion of the Supercharger network this year, particularly outside of the Lower Mainland. It is doubtful that expansion would take place without the sales numbers being so high. More Superchargers in new areas will likely promote further Tesla sales, meaning more chargers, and so on....
“If you build it they will come.”

Tesla has made some changes on their "Find Us" map of current and future Supercharger sites. Prince George has disappeared completely, as has the Merritt Airport Road site that recently opened. Williams Lake opening date has been revised from Q3 to Q4, which makes sense.

Tesla has made some changes on their "Find Us" map of current and future Supercharger sites. Prince George has disappeared completely, as has the Merritt Airport Road site that recently opened. Williams Lake opening date has been revised from Q3 to Q4, which makes sense.

@MarcoRP @Vancity-Tes1a thank goodness no sign of (additional) delay for South Surrey

• Funny
Reactions: Vancity-Tes1a
Interesting. On the Prince George, BC Supercharger thread there were signs of the beginnings of construction, with an area fenced off.

Quarterly snapshot:
TitleProvinceIf Already Open (per Tesla)Planned Opening Date (US website)
Calgary, AB (coming soon)ABComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Jasper, AB (coming soon)ABComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Lloydminster, AB (coming soon)ABComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Vegreville, AB (coming soon)ABComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Burnaby, BC (coming soon)BCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Castlegar, BC (coming soon)BCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Chilliwack, BC (coming soon)BCComing SoonTarget opening in Q2 2022
Cranbrook, BC (coming soon)BCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Creston, BC (coming soon)BCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Delta, BC (coming soon)BCComing SoonTarget opening in Q2 2022
Fernie, BC (coming soon)BCComing SoonTarget opening in Q4 2021
Grand Forks, BC (coming soon)BCComing SoonTarget opening in 2022