Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At any rate, they'll probably choose Lethbridge since it has more amenities and it will probably be at the Best Western on 43rd St (Hwy4) & Hwy3 area as there are a lot of new hotels and restaurants in that new development and that's the chain they've been using in BC lately.

Everyone's told them to put it in Fort Macleod, the store people in Calgary all agree, but I never expected Tesla to listen. Unfortunately that adds basically an hour to any trip south if they do put it in Lethbridge, and it also makes it a pain for access to the crowsnest pass.

Not sure about you, but I'm really happy to be wrong in this case. :)

Those little restaurants and other nearby related businesses in Fort Macleod are going to be thrilled to hear this news.

I stopped by the little Teriyaki BBQ house in Fort Macleod this afternoon. Being a Sunday on a long weekend, there definitely should not be an ICEing problem here. The whole parking lot was pretty much empty. The Shell side of the parking lot had way more activity. Access is great from both East and Westbound as you can also see from Google Street View.

I spoke with one of the owners briefly, and she said that Tesla told her that it should be ready by mid-September, perhaps the 20th. I suspect that's when they promised her the parking lot would be clear of construction equipment and materials, perhaps not final electrification. She was very curious why I was interested and seemed very interested in my interest in the SuperCharger.

There is a nice playground with a big splash park (was a little too cool today for the kids) a few blocks away within walking distance, so definitely worthwhile to stop if you have youngsters.

I stopped by the little Teriyaki BBQ house in Fort Macleod this afternoon. Being a Sunday on a long weekend, there definitely should not be an ICEing problem here. The whole parking lot was pretty much empty. The Shell side of the parking lot had way more activity. Access is great from both East and Westbound as you can also see from Google Street View.

I spoke with one of the owners briefly, and she said that Tesla told her that it should be ready by mid-September, perhaps the 20th. I suspect that's when they promised her the parking lot would be clear of construction equipment and materials, perhaps not final electrification. She was very curious why I was interested and seemed very interested in my interest in the SuperCharger.

There is a nice playground with a big splash park (was a little too cool today for the kids) a few blocks away within walking distance, so definitely worthwhile to stop if you have youngsters.
Did you take any pictures?

I was curious to see how fast the site was progressing so I drove out on Friday - no major changes from Tuesday. I did snap a couple of more pictures though:

IMG_20160902_154219.jpg
IMG_20160902_154308.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Lon12
I think trailering with any Tesla is going to continue to be a pain with superchargers for the foreseeable future. I know there are superchargers in other places that have pull through stalls, but it just doesn't seem to be a priority for Tesla. I think anyone trailering is going to have to get used to dropping the trailer at each charger.

I think trailering with any Tesla is going to continue to be a pain with superchargers for the foreseeable future. I know there are superchargers in other places that have pull through stalls, but it just doesn't seem to be a priority for Tesla. I think anyone trailering is going to have to get used to dropping the trailer at each charger.
Perhaps Tesla will replace certain stalls (even one per location) with a long cord for those needing to pull straight (front) in?

Perhaps Tesla will replace certain stalls (even one per location) with a long cord for those needing to pull straight (front) in?
Unlikely, there's a reason the cords are so short, they'd have to be a lot thicker to be any longer. (and they're pretty thick already!)

Also any change to move a stall to be able to pull through would be a lot of work, so unlikely to happen unless a SC needs expanding anyway.

Don't count on existing locations being changed any time soon.

I just hope they start thinking about it for new locations sometime soon, they advertise towing for the MX, they should at least consider the convenience.

Just a quick reminder of the Tesla Owners Club of Alberta BBQ which is open to everyone. Sunday, Sept 11, 2016 at the CBC Building on Memorial Dr. NW. 11am-3pm.

There will be all kinds of EVs there including all three Tesla models (Roadster, S and X)! Dave (the Alberta Service Ranger is supposed to be there as well as some of the Staff from Chinook Centre.

If you would like to be a part of the BBQ portion please register and show your support for the Alberta Tesla contingent using the following link: Tesla Owners Club of Alberta Show & Shine BBQ

We have nearly 60 people confirmed so it should be a great turnout!! Hope to see many of you there!!

Yes. What surprises me is Hope, with only 6. That's fine for now but if they are planning for the future Hope is the gateway to the #5, #3 and #1 -- so expansion in the future seems a must. At least the parking lot has lots of room for more. Kamloops only has 4 which surprised me when I was there this summer.
Considering how busy (or more to the point, how not busy) all of these Canadian superchargers are, I'd say Tesla has plenty of time before it's an issue. The busiest I've ever seen a Canadian supercharger was half full (3 of 6 stalls in Hope) and I've never seen any charger other than Hope with more than 2 cars, and usually I'm the only one. (With the exception of a pre arranged Tesla meet at Canmore where still only had 6 cars)