Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Showing 2 pics of the same supercharger, both with 2 stalls empty, kind of proves my point.

I thought you said the most you ever saw at Hope was three. I showed you two pictures just from this thread showing four. Yes, there's time for Tesla to add to that station and no one will be waiting for a charge. I just find it odd that they put 8 in Kelowna and only 6 in Hope. Maybe it's a rent, power or other issue?

I thought you said the most you ever saw at Hope was three. I showed you two pictures just from this thread showing four. Yes, there's time for Tesla to add to that station and no one will be waiting for a charge. I just find it odd that they put 8 in Kelowna and only 6 in Hope. Maybe it's a rent, power or other issue?
I never said there had never been more than 3, just that I'd never seen it, and I thought it was assumed I didn't camp out there 24/7 looking. My point was we're not yet at the stage at any supercharger in western Canada where we're seeing waits to charge on anywhere near a regular basis.

Hope is probably the busiest supercharger in western Canada, and even it doesn't seem to fill up.

As for why 8 vs 4/6 in other chargers, I bet it's just about when they were built, Tesla probably has changed their standard to 8 instead of 4 or 6.

Reactions: doubeld
I guess you didn't see the 22 of us Model S owners who showed up at the Hope Supercharger for a BC Tesla Owner's Club event/rally back in April :) Good thing club organizers arranged a wait list/signup sheet for charging while we all had lunch at Rolly's.

so far, that's the only time I've been to the Hope SC, and I know that doesn't count so I don't know how busy it is there on a normal day. but good thing the parking lot is big - I suppose they could expand the number of chargers there if demand ever required it.

Hope is probably the busiest supercharger in western Canada, and even it doesn't seem to fill up.

I've only been to the Hope SC 4 times... but one of those times, it was full, six cars (including me, last spot) were charging. Shortly after, a Model X left, freeing up a spot, and then a bit later an S left, so it was back to 4 in use, but for about 10 minutes, it was full :)

I guess you didn't see the 22 of us Model S owners who showed up at the Hope Supercharger for a BC Tesla Owner's Club event/rally back in April :) Good thing club organizers arranged a wait list/signup sheet for charging while we all had lunch at Rolly's.

so far, that's the only time I've been to the Hope SC, and I know that doesn't count so I don't know how busy it is there on a normal day. but good thing the parking lot is big - I suppose they could expand the number of chargers there if demand ever required it.
Yikes! When traveling to/from Calgary-Vancouver, I would be very annoyed to run into a crowd and have to wait for 22 cars. I suppose it was in mid day though. Did you guys give priority to people who had to pass through or was that not even an issue?

Yikes! When traveling to/from Calgary-Vancouver, I would be very annoyed to run into a crowd and have to wait for 22 cars. I suppose it was in mid day though. Did you guys give priority to people who had to pass through or was that not even an issue?
It was mid-day on a Sunday. I didn't notice any travelers just trying to charge and pass through that particular day. There were club organizers managing a waiting list for the chargers, it was all very orderly. I'm sure had someone in a rush needed to charge & go they gladly would have prioritized accordingly.

Fort Macleod update - back filled ready for concrete

ft mac supercharger.jpg

I can't tell in any of your pictures, but the important part, and part that normally slows things down the most, is whether or not there's a brand new power transformer on site yet. It will be green, quite large, and not in the Tesla enclosure. (I see what looks like one at the far end of the pictures, but I'm relatively certain that one's not big enough, so it's probably for something else...)

We've seen more than a couple of these get held up for a rather long time waiting for that final power company connection.

• Informative
Reactions: skrenes
Looks like they added a third now south of Fort MacLeod on the way to the Butte supercharger

Guessing Shelby, Great Falls & Helena

It's 539km from Fort MacLeod, AB to Butte, MT. Theoretically they might be able to cover the gap with 2, but that'd need perfect locations and they aren't going to get that. Plus, Tesla likes to provide fastest routes and Superchargers at Great Falls, MT and Helena, MT are at intersections that will help.

Tesla needs Lima, MT plus those 3 "2016" Superchargers to complete I-15. Lima, MT is apparently well under construction, and if the same company will work all the Superchargers, then given how Tesla was able to complete other Montana Superchargers it's just about possible it's conceivable that it could have all 4 operational by the end of this year. Wouldn't expect it, though.