Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct, not smog. Smog doesn't leave ash on your car after it sits for a few hours. As far as I know...
Nor does smog smell like a campfire. The smoke from the BC forest fires is quite dense here in Alberta. On Saturday morning at my office, the lights for the parking lot which are activated by low light levels, were illuminated at 10:30 am. I’ve never seen that before.

I was there 10 minutes ago, and it is much better than 2 days ago.
46BBFBBE-E2F7-4DE4-AC63-9DFF6442A734.jpeg

Reactions: Koflach
We were driving west yesterday from Golden to Vancouver and as we drove by the Walmart Supercentre in Salmon Arm noticed that some for of construction was starting to take place in the parking lot. We were finishing up a long road trip and were towing our trailer so didn't go back to investigate but if anyone is in the area, are you able to swing by and check it out?

BC is toxic these days. Especially away from the coast. Kamloops has been sitting well above the particulate number than triggers school closures in China. See www.purpleair.com and smartkamloops.sensorup.com for interactive crowd-sourced sensors....

I've spent a fair amount of time breathing smog in third world countries, and a fair amount of time in the Okanagan breathing smoke from fires, especially these past two years. There's a huge difference between breathing burnt pine trees vs. the toxic chemical smog of third world countries that contain asbestos from brakes, burnt cheap dirty diesel, factories spewing all sorts of chemical soot, and the list goes on and on. I know what I'm breathing in the Okanagan and it's not that toxic soup that closes schools in China. I always roll my eyes when I hear that analogy being made. There's simply no comparison, for me at least.

Great to see those new Superchargers going in at Guilford Mall in Surrey but really we need them on the #3 highway since after you leave Hope there are none -- but I do see them planned for Princeton and Osoyoos. Hurry up!

Has anyone seen any signs of Supercharger construction between Brandon and Calgary ? Really want to take my car out to BC at the end of November. It would be so much easier if at least one of those 2018 Superchargers were up and running. Once I make Calgary I know its easy going.

There was nothing when we went from Calgary to Regina in August and as I understand it everything has come to a bit of a standstill right now. It is a long, slow drive in that stretch!

Has anyone seen any signs of Supercharger construction between Brandon and Calgary ? Really want to take my car out to BC at the end of November. It would be so much easier if at least one of those 2018 Superchargers were up and running. Once I make Calgary I know its easy going.
I highly doubt anything will be constructed and completed in the next two months, so you better just plan on the existing supercharger network.

Reactions: MarcoRP
As EV Plus says don't expect it, all of the ND locations appear to be awaiting Alexandria, MN connecting them from the East and looking like that won't be until spring thaw. Dickinson North Dakota Supercharger Location

So you've got Sun Highway, Peavey Mart, and the few destination chargers on the T-can (Regina, Caronport, Swift Current, and Medicine Hat) to get you through to Calgary. It'll be slow going in the temps you'll potentially see in November. What battery size do you have on your S?

EDIT: There's also a charger at Fort Qu'Appellle if the Peavey Mart on the East side of Regina would be too much a stretch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brad_S