Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the last few days, the Tesla map of existing and future Superchargers shows a second site for Merritt BC with a target date of Q3 2021. This probably fits with the second site in Hope; much of the Tesla traffic through Hope would also pass through Merritt.
Now we're talking! I really hope the second charger in Merritt is at the south end of town for those going from the Coq to the Connector as opposed to an expansion of the existing site.

Does anyone know for the sites that were expanded (Kamloops is an example), did they show up as a second pin like we see in Hope and Merritt or was it somehow different?

Last edited:
Now we're talking! I really hope the second charger in Merritt is at the south end of town for those going from the Coq to the Connector as opposed to an expansion of the existing site.

Does anyone know for the sites that were expanded (Kamloops is an example), did they show up as a second pin like we see in Hope and Merritt or was it somehow different?
Expansions usually show up as 2nd pins as well, so that would be the most likely scenario. Lots of room in that parking lot if I recall correctly.

Reactions: EnterpriseT
Expansions usually show up as 2nd pins as well, so that would be the most likely scenario. Lots of room in that parking lot if I recall correctly.
Makes sense. Great info, thanks.

It looks like they added a ton of new ones to the BC map. Vancouver, Merritt, Hope
The Hope pin has been there since the new year. I started a thread on it but it was deleted.

Tesla reached out to the Village of McBride in March about the possibility of putting a supercharger somewhere on town owned property. It would be a very good intermediate location along the Yellowhead Highway between the planned Prince George, BC and Jasper, AB supercharger locations--splitting a single 235mi leg into two of 105mi and 130mi. I decided against starting a new thread since Tesla doesn't yet show a future location in McBride, this just happened a few months ago, and I can't find any indication that there's been agreement to move forward with it yet.

1620915282608.png

Last edited:
Tesla reached out to the Village of McBride in March about the possibility of putting a supercharger somewhere on town owned property. It would be a very good intermediate location along the Yellowhead Highway between the planned Prince George, BC and Jasper, AB supercharger locations--splitting a single 235mi leg into two of 105mi and 130mi. I decided against starting a new thread since Tesla doesn't yet show a future location in McBride, this just happened a few months ago, and I can't find any indication that there's been agreement to move forward with it yet.

View attachment 661906

The information from those notes:

Tesla supercharger station
Council authorized administration to respond to Iain Myrans, Senior National Manager from Tesla to discuss the installation of a Tesla Supercharger station in McBride. Myrans was looking for suggestions for a viable location in the Village. Council discussed the possibility of Robson square, near the existing charge station, however, the type and amount of power needed may not be accessible at that location. Further conversation with Tesla representatives will allow this concern to be addressed.