Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@MarcoRP @Vancity-Tes1a thank goodness no sign of (additional) delay for South Surrey
I think you mean, no delay just yet because they didn't update the map 🤣🤣🤣

The Find Us map hasn't been updated yet, just glitching out lol.

They update it normally around a month after the Quarter finishes.

Try to click on Edson, AB and Qenesle BC location, they don't work 😆

Attachments

• 4E5780DC-06A4-4F4B-85A6-325293A3D435.jpeg
    4E5780DC-06A4-4F4B-85A6-325293A3D435.jpeg
    215.1 KB · Views: 184
  • 8D02DA32-6E8A-44F6-818E-465EB0D3E162.png
    8D02DA32-6E8A-44F6-818E-465EB0D3E162.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
  • Funny
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Quesnel has a supercharger now? Sweet! I can finally visit my friends in Prince George from Vancouver without a $$$ ChaDeMo adapter! Now they just need Williams Lake so I don't have to drive like a Grandma to get there.

Still, this is great! This, plus the two new superchargers in my area locally, and I really don't have ANY regrets about going electric, and tesla specifically.

I ordered a LR and even I won't make to san Josef bay etc. Hopefully new adapter will come out soon!
I drove my Model S up to Port Hardy in 2018 and could have easily driven out to San Josef Bay if I weren't concerned about all the potholes. Maybe it's improved since but that road was pretty rough the one time I drove it back in June 2000. I did make it out there and back in a 2WD car, but it hadn't rained in a while so the road was nice and dry.

Anyways, the main problem with traveling to North Island in an EV is that so many of the towns only have one L2 charger in the entire town. So on the way up you basically have to keep topping up to near 100% just in case the one in the next town is occupied or ICEd or whatever. If they are available, they aren't bad though as they were quite fast for L2 charging. I think I was getting ~80kph on the ones in Woss and Port Hardy. I do have dual on-board chargers in my Model S which enables 80 amp charging, but even with lower amperage, a M3 or MY should be in the ~50kph range on those.

I drove my Model S up to Port Hardy in 2018 and could have easily driven out to San Josef Bay if I weren't concerned about all the potholes. Maybe it's improved since but that road was pretty rough the one time I drove it back in June 2000. I did make it out there and back in a 2WD car, but it hadn't rained in a while so the road was nice and dry.

Anyways, the main problem with traveling to North Island in an EV is that so many of the towns only have one L2 charger in the entire town. So on the way up you basically have to keep topping up to near 100% just in case the one in the next town is occupied or ICEd or whatever. If they are available, they aren't bad though as they were quite fast for L2 charging. I think I was getting ~80kph on the ones in Woss and Port Hardy. I do have dual on-board chargers in my Model S which enables 80 amp charging, but even with lower amperage, a M3 or MY should be in the ~50kph range on those.
I am planning to raise my M3 LR because Iw ill be exploring logging roads on the island.

Reactions: PLUS EV
Lots of Chademo/CCS along the route to Port Hardy.. and also a lot places are being cover around the BC Highway..
"Lots" might be a generous description but I do see 1 plug each in Port Hardy and Port McNeill. I do have a Chademo adapter, but those weren't there in 2018, so it didn't help me on that trip. It is good to see some progress at least. Back in 2018, I L2 charged at a campground in Sayward (apparently no longer on Plugshare), Woss, and Port Hardy. I believe the only other options that I didn't use were single L2 plugs in both Telegraph Cove (a very cool place, but not directly on my path of travel) and Port McNeill.

Yeah, if the CCS adapter comes out "soon"... I am not buying a used Chademo adapter..

Not to mention, they are 50KW only...
I have never received more than 46 kw.

I do think it tapers a little less than a supercharger though. One day I got 42kW on Chademo at 70% soc, and hours later only 40kW at a supercharger at 70% soc. And yes, the ambient temperature was warmer at the latter charge; I would argue the battery must have been at least as warm also.

There is a single Supercharger cabinet being installed at the Edmonton AB Tesla Service Centre/Delivery Centre.
It is a V3 cabinet and appears to have two conduits outside, with likely 2 inside for service use.

Whether this will be public is unknown, but it would be good for short range vehicles on East-West trips on the Trans-Canada Highway 16, or for owners traveling north to Athabasca/Fort McMurray on Highway 28/63.

17616 111 Ave NW

Photos from of Shane Fraser at Tesla Owners Club of Alberta Facebook group.

249091374_10102172522759975_4876313360548331511_n.jpg
253984881_10102172522899695_4706964042568566097_n.jpg

If the razer wire is anything to go by, at best this would only be available during business hours.
Ha, ha! That’s simply the pre-existing fence along the North of the building. Came with the building. The access from the road (111 Ave along the south end) is not fenced or gated.

Attachments

• 74374D56-4AAA-4CA5-8B99-563061905B2B.jpeg
    74374D56-4AAA-4CA5-8B99-563061905B2B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 62
  • Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger