Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Does anyone know anything about the Surrey, BC location targeting Q3 this year? We just had South Surrey go live a few days ago, and Guildford Village late last year in addition to the original Guildford Town Centre urban SC. Is there still another SC coming to Surrey?

Once Burnaby, Delta, Langley, Maple Ridge, and the extra locations in Richmond and Vancouver are all online, the lower mainland is going to be fairly well covered. This is great stuff!

Does anyone know anything about the Surrey, BC location targeting Q3 this year? We just had South Surrey go live a few days ago, and Guildford Village late last year in addition to the original Guildford Town Centre urban SC. Is there still another SC coming to Surrey?

Sorry to quote myself, but it's too late to edit my previous post. Looks like the placeholder pin is still in place in the Central City (aka Whalley) area. I thought maybe that was a mislocated placeholder for Guildford Village, but I guess we really are getting a fourth later this year!

Sorry to quote myself, but it's too late to edit my previous post. Looks like the placeholder pin is still in place in the Central City (aka Whalley) area. I thought maybe that was a mislocated placeholder for Guildford Village, but I guess we really are getting a fourth later this year!
Just making sure that readers understand that placeholder pins on the Tesla map usually appear on the middle of the City name (on the base map) and won't necessarily relate to the actual location. Other examples would be the Burnaby, Langley, RIchmond, Delta and Chilliwack pins. When Surrey gets another Supercharger it could be anywhere within the City limits (Newton or Cloverdale?) (Even near the Langley Service Center). We won't know the actual location until a permit is issued or when construction starts.

FYI - The "Vancouver, BC - West" location is in the city / municipality of West Vancouver - not "Vancouver". Not sure why the Tesla website says it like that. But the West Van location has been bumped many times, now relegated to 2023. Earlier in 2021, the City of Vancouver was to get a new Supercharger, but that one quietly vanished.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
There is a single Supercharger cabinet being installed at the Edmonton AB Tesla Service Centre/Delivery Centre.
It is a V3 cabinet and appears to have two conduits outside, with likely 2 inside for service use.

Whether this will be public is unknown, but it would be good for short range vehicles on East-West trips on the Trans-Canada Highway 16, or for owners traveling north to Athabasca/Fort McMurray on Highway 28/63.

17616 111 Ave NW

Photos from of Shane Fraser at Tesla Owners Club of Alberta Facebook group.

View attachment 730494View attachment 730495
@MarcoRP
This location has been confirmed by service centre staff to be for service centre use only. This pin can be removed, or re-purposed as the second Edmonton Supercharger site (location unknown) as announced on the Find Us page.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
New permit in Edmonton just approved yesterday at 6014 - CURRENTS DRIVE NW for 6 EV charging stations. It's probably Electrify Canada, but worth checking out if anyone is nearby.

Major Development PermitClass AMay 27, 2022ApprovedTo construct Exterior Alterations to a General Retail Store Site parking lot (installing utility equipment station and six (6) electric vehicle charging dispensers in the existing parking area, Canadian Tire).

New permit in Edmonton just approved yesterday at 6014 - CURRENTS DRIVE NW for 6 EV charging stations. It's probably Electrify Canada, but worth checking out if anyone is nearby.

Major Development PermitClass AMay 27, 2022ApprovedTo construct Exterior Alterations to a General Retail Store Site parking lot (installing utility equipment station and six (6) electric vehicle charging dispensers in the existing parking area, Canadian Tire).
Google maps is showing that is a Canadian tire location, has Electrify Canada installed chargers at other Canadian tire locations? Sherwood park location has a Flo charger so it is possible that it is being installed by Canadian Tire?

The EC station in Calgary is at a Canadian Tire and I've never see Flo do 6 chargers in a single location. It's at a really useless location imo, so I really hope it's not the supercharger.
I was not aware that EC was installing fast chargers at Canadian Tire locations.

It is not a bad location for those coming from Calgary going to Jasper as it is just off the Henday, for those who live in and around Edmonton it is not the greatest location. That being said I am happy to see more DC fast chargers going in to the Edmonton area, currently I am only aware of the Superchargers at Southgate mall and the FLO charger at Londary mall. Could use some along Yellowhead for those travelling East, West.

This does sound like it could be Electrify Canada as they do have plans for Edmonton and they have partnered with Canadian Tire at the Calgary Deerfoot City location. 6 stalls would be reasonable, the BTCPower stations they use are paired with 2 dispensers per power box making this 3 power boxes, and they are expanding so might decide to start with 6 stalls for larger cities like Edmonton.
A better location would be South Edmonton Common but Canadian Tire already has their own Flo charging stations there so might not want to cannibalize their install.

Last edited:
I wonder if Tesla Calgary is moving? It's not far from me, so I'll drive by and see if there is anything to indicate who the new Tenant is. It's an industrial area, so probably not public chargers in any event.

DP2022-039874398 112 AV SEDEHAAN DESIGNChange of Use - With Change to Site PlanCHANGES TO SITE PLAN: AUTO SERVICE - MAJOR (EV CHARGING STATIONS)C1150AUTO SERVICE - MAJOR

EDIT: Found a reference to Rivian on another permit. Interesting all the same.

I'm not sure where to post this, so feel free to direct me to a more appropriate thread:

We're currently staying at the Best Western in Kelowna, which hosts the Superchargers and has a number of level 2 chargers. Most of those are Chargepoint which you have to pay for, however, there is one Tesla destination charger and one Sun Country charger which are free, except they seem to have been 'captured' by the Current Tesla Taxi service which operates out of the hotel. They have signage on the parking spaces by these two chargers indicating that they are reserved for Current Taxi.

When we were last here six years ago those two chargers were for anyone's use, and I find it hard to believe that either Tesla or Sun Country would condone their capture by Current Taxi. Has this been discussed before on TMC?