Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be fair, the sign says "1 hour parking" and there is at least one empty stall, so just based on the picture, nobody's charging speed/access was affected and no rule was broken. Giving a 1-star review over an inconvenience that could have happened, but didn't? Meh.

To be fair, the sign says "1 hour parking" and there is at least one empty stall, so just based on the picture, nobody's charging speed/access was affected and no rule was broken. Giving a 1-star review over an inconvenience that could have happened, but didn't? Meh.
As Supercharger users know, usage is highly variable; a site with a small number of stalls can be empty one minute and full the next minute. When that taxi is parked and not charging and then multiple cars show up wanting to charge, people get upset. And rightly so. Occupying a stall when not charging is just rude. I don’t care what the sign says. Show some consideration for your fellow EV drivers.

If you have your local set as Canada it always shows the old map for a while. Open Tesla.com incognito/in private and it should default you back to the US local.
When I go to tesla.com/findus and the popup window asks if it can use my current location I just say no and it is showing me the updates being described by @MacNeil .

The West Vancouver future site has been removed. And still no new locations on Vancouver Island, unfortunately.

Just scanning the western US and Canada, the new map is fairly disappointing. But there are some interesting nuggets in there.

They have definitely gotten more conservative in adding pins in recent years. It seems like they only add with a specific time if they already have a location lined up. And I assume if it says something vague like "Coming soon in 2023," that they are at least working to find a host partner in that area.

Unfortunately (and as always), the map appears to bear little semblance to reality. There are still sites that have permits and some even under construction that are not even on the Find Us map.

We need a supercharger between WAWA Ontario and Sault ST Marie. That is a loooonnnngggg stretch pulling a trailer.

Jmho.
There was supposed to be one in Batchewana Bay but they didn't have enough power available (despite being 50km from a huge hydro generation station at Montreal River), but they did install free destination chargers. It's also a long haul for ICE cars as well... there's signs warning of no gas until Wawa as you leave Batchewana Bay.

There was supposed to be one in Batchewana Bay but they didn't have enough power available (despite being 50km from a huge hydro generation station at Montreal River), but they did install free destination chargers. It's also a long haul for ICE cars as well... there's signs warning of no gas until Wawa as you leave Batchewana Bay.
How about the Twilight Resort at Montreal River Harbor? It’s about halfway between Wawa and Sault St. Marie. Well, if they can’t find power here ……..
Google Maps

• Helpful
Reactions: navguy12
Yep. We actually camped there overnight. Great hosts. Nice overnight spot. Good breakfast sandwiches etc.
018A3DEF-C0B9-4A17-A698-E39B6C3DB21B.jpeg

How about the Twilight Resort at Montreal River Harbor? It’s about halfway between Wawa and Sault St. Marie. Well, if they can’t find power here ……..
Google Maps
Apparently The Montreal river power station feeds directly into the high powered grid and doesnt provide a lot of power to the local area. The local grid isn’t built to handle superchargers. At least that was what was discussed a few years ago when Batchewana Bay disappeared from the supercharger map.

Just scanning the western US and Canada, the new map is fairly disappointing. But there are some interesting nuggets in there.

They have definitely gotten more conservative in adding pins in recent years. It seems like they only add with a specific time if they already have a location lined up. And I assume if it says something vague like "Coming soon in 2023," that they are at least working to find a host partner in that area.

Unfortunately (and as always), the map appears to bear little semblance to reality. There are still sites that have permits and some even under construction that are not even on the Find Us map.

Which ones did you find that are under construction but missing from the Tesla "coming soon" map? I definitely didn't look exhaustively, but of the several under construction sites I checked, all had pins on the Tesla CS map. A fair number of "permitted" sites fall through or have long timelines, so that might explain why some of those are missing (like Clearwater, B.C.)...

Edit: Also, a lot of the "coming soon" pins on the Find Us map are buried under current supercharger pins. Kamloops even has 2 "coming soon" pins, but they're hard to see!

Which ones did you find that are under construction but missing from the Tesla "coming soon" map? I definitely didn't look exhaustively, but of the several under construction sites I checked, all had pins on the Tesla CS map. A fair number of "permitted" sites fall through or have long timelines, so that might explain why some of those are missing (like Clearwater, B.C.)...

Edit: Also, a lot of the "coming soon" pins on the Find Us map are buried under current supercharger pins. Kamloops even has 2 "coming soon" pins, but they're hard to see!
Good find on the two Kamloops "coming soon" sites; I never would have thought to zoom in far enough to see that there are two sites.

One site that recently opened in BC is the Squamish Commercial Way; as far as I can tell, it never appeared on Tesla's map (until it opened).

Apparently The Montreal river power station feeds directly into the high powered grid and doesnt provide a lot of power to the local area. The local grid isn’t built to handle superchargers. At least that was what was discussed a few years ago when Batchewana Bay disappeared from the supercharger map.
It would be cool if someone could put a couple of those 25 kw single phase units there though. BC hydro puts those in places that have limited three phase power. Twice as fast a a Tesla destination charger.