Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western PA Fall Foliage Poker Run

I can attend the Western PA Foliage event driving my EV.

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, why are you wasting your time?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please share your suggestions for future driving focused events. I'm willing to help others host driving events or host more myself, but am interested in what people think would be fun, interesting, or educational.

Ideas I heard being talked about during the Foliage Poker Run:

1. Christmas lights drive
2. Power plant tour
3. State Parks of Western PA tour
4. ???

Thanks for your ideas. Please share other car/motorcycle club drives that have been successful. I'm on the look out too.

Reactions: Lanny and kevinf311
Fantastic video, thank you Lanny for putting it together.

Do you mind telling us what equipment you used in creating it? Cameras? Programs for editing, etc?

Thanks in advance!

@FlyinLow Haha. I'm glad you enjoyed the video. It's my little contribution to commemorate the fantastic driving run that you put together. You may not realize it, but there is a history to electric vehicle driving activities going back over 100 years. I've become fascinated with the history and present of electric car culture. The Fall Foliage Run was in the tradition of the Electric Vehicle Sociability Runs of the early 1900's. A few years ago, I organized a drive in Washington, DC on the 99th anniversary of the Electric Vehicle Sociability Run of 1914. We drove through Rock Creek Park and had a picnic at the exact same spot as 54 electric car drivers did exactly 99 years earlier.

Here's the website: 2013 Electric Sociability Run

AutomobileTopicsVol34June20_1914.png

PS. I used a 7 year old digital camcorder and shot a few scenes with my iPhone. Edited with Final Cut Pro. Thanks to @Thinkje for driving so well and keeping pace with the pack.

@FlyinLow ...You may not realize it, but there is a history to electric vehicle driving activities going back over 100 years. I've become fascinated with the history and present of electric car culture. The Fall Foliage Run was in the tradition of the Electric Vehicle Sociability Runs of the early 1900's....

Here's the website: 2013 Electric Sociability Run

View attachment 344491
PS. I used a 7 year old digital camcorder and shot a few scenes with my iPhone. Edited with Final Cut Pro. Thanks to @Thinkje for driving so well and keeping pace with the pack.

Fascinating. Let’s continue the tradition.

Please share your suggestions for future driving focused events. I'm willing to help others host driving events or host more myself, but am interested in what people think would be fun, interesting, or educational.

Ideas I heard being talked about during the Foliage Poker Run:

1. Christmas lights drive
2. Power plant tour
3. State Parks of Western PA tour
4. ???

Thanks for your ideas. Please share other car/motorcycle club drives that have been successful. I'm on the look out too.

One idea to consider is to find an existing "Auto Tour" route to follow. That is what we did on the Gettysburg trip that @Xenius mentioned that was organized by @WATTS-UP. We met at the visitor center for lunch, then walked through the museum before heading out to follow the pre-defined Auto Tour route. There were plenty of stops along the way to get out of our cars and socialize. It was fun and educational and incorporated the driving element well.

Link to TMC Thread & photos: Gettysburg Trip - October, 2016

I found an auto tour example of the Gettysburg area.

Gettysburg National Military Park Auto Tour - Gettysburg | Trails.com

I’m looking for more like this...if anyone has a favorite anywhere in the country, please post it!

Do people prefer a shorter group driving experience or a full day with charging, lunch and dinner?

The Great American RoadTrip Forum - Pittsburgh: A Loop Around Southwest Pennsylvania

60DC9B5F-0765-461A-BBAF-4047D4D48260.jpeg

45304FF6-1936-4CD3-B4F3-94734CFE933E.jpeg

NW Pennsylvania: Allegheny National Forest Scenic Driving Tours

http://visitanf.com/wp-content/pdf/Scenic-Driving-Tours-with-descriptions.pdf

9BF7FBD0-6F00-486F-A5F4-16D1F14316A0.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Xenius and Lanny