TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Westfield: 12 miles left and a miracle happened

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by umar, Oct 6, 2014.

1. umar

umar Member

I drove into London today - I had 180 miles as per typical setting when I left the Birmingham supercharger. I was due in Central London but rain & stop start traffic meant I needed to park the car somewhere safe and get on the Underground as I was rapidly running out of charge.

We were down to 12 miles when we came off the A40 at Westfield shopping centre and went to the valet parking who informed us there was Tesla superchargers. We were surprised because they are not listed anywhere yet ...

According to theTesla Westfield store, these Superchargers are not working yet ... and that's what I promised I would say....

And so it's a miracle that with Superchargers not working I managed 180 mile charge in around 40 minutes ...

I have to say the staff at the Westfield centre are very accommodating.

I have a few teething issues with the car (2 weeks after delivery) and they have promised to look into them for me.

I've had 3 supercharges today - 2x Birmingham & 1xLondon - around 450 miles. We just need the Superchargers in sensible locations ie on a motorway services station, and then the range anxiety will dissipate (12 miles left was finger biting stuff today).

2. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

Wow, that's a lot of driving in one day. Do you have an 85 or a 60?

Btw, be aware that there is some amount of limited range below 0, but of course, never plan on using it!

3. umar

umar Member

I have an 85. It is a lot of driving for one day, but I've done it several times before in my Mercedes s320d. In the Mercedes, I would have done it on one tank of fuel, and the S Class is so comfortable I would have felt fresh. Unfortunately the Tesla is not as comfortable, and so I feel very tired this morning.

Re:below 0 - yes I believe there are 17 rated miles - but I never want to find out!

4. EchoVictor

EchoVictor Member

Westfield now showing as officially open on the supercharger page of teslamotors.com

5. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

There are other threads about this, but people are saying that with firmware version 6.0, zero miles now actually means "ZERO MILES". So don't depend on there being any buffer below zero now. YMMV (literally).