Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Westfield London Free Parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sc20

Jan 25, 2021
UK
I did a search first but didn't see anything posted in the last year about this. Does Westfield London (White City) still offer 1 hour free parking for Teslas? It's not mentioned on the Tesla Supercharger site (not sure if it ever was).

Also I assume if I go late in the evening after the Tesla store is closed, I won't be able to take advantage of this offer?

I did a search first but didn't see anything posted in the last year about this. Does Westfield London (White City) still offer 1 hour free parking for Teslas? It's not mentioned on the Tesla Supercharger site (not sure if it ever was).

Also I assume if I go late in the evening after the Tesla store is closed, I won't be able to take advantage of this offer?
Were you able to test this?

What do you have to do to get the free 1h parking? Anywhere you need to register your car reg?
Good question. I have registered for the smart parking so it just let's me in and out and doesn't charge me. I honestly don't know if you haven't registered for smart parking whether it'll know you have a Tesla. But they do scan your number plates now so I would hope they can work out you're in a Tesla

Were you able to test this?
Yes, I went in a Tesla that was not my own so not registered with Smart Parking. It's 100% paperless now, so you just enter your reg on the machines to pay.

To get one hour validated, go to the Tesla store and enter your registration on the tablet.

I can also confirm you really do have to be in and out in less than an hour for it to be free, or it will just be a £3 rebate on the regular price!

Good question. I have registered for the smart parking so it just let's me in and out and doesn't charge me. I honestly don't know if you haven't registered for smart parking whether it'll know you have a Tesla. But they do scan your number plates now so I would hope they can work out you're in a Tesla
Not registered with Smart Parking, but the time I went after the store was closed and could not validate, I had to pay the full parking fare. So I don't think they are automatically giving Teslas a 1 hour discount 😞

Yes, I went in a Tesla that was not my own so not registered with Smart Parking. It's 100% paperless now, so you just enter your reg on the machines to pay.

To get one hour validated, go to the Tesla store and enter your registration on the tablet.

I can also confirm you really do have to be in and out in less than an hour for it to be free, or it will just be a £3 rebate on the regular price!
I assume you have to go to the store every time, or once you enter your reg it is saved for future entry?

If you're not registered for smart parking, then yes every time. So if you visit often smart parking is a no brainer. You don't save much, about 10p but it's just convenient and always takes the 1hr tesla charging off for me
I do have smart parking so you are saying that I only have to enter my reg with Tesla once then I get 1 hour off the cost each time?

Not working for me, I do have a personalised plate but I’d assume this wouldn’t make a difference. Can anyone else with smart parking confirm?
It might do you know. As I didn't have to register anything with Tesla I assume the system just worked it out from my reg. Possible your private plate has confused it.

That being said. Have just logged on to my smart parking and it doesn't indicate it know what car type it is

I just came from Westfield white city, I’m set up with smart parking and don’t have a private plate but the free parking didn’t apply automatically. I was only there for 45 mins to charge. Have to assume policy changed? I’ll try popping into the Tesla store next time to ask.

I just came from Westfield white city, I’m set up with smart parking and don’t have a private plate but the free parking didn’t apply automatically. I was only there for 45 mins to charge. Have to assume policy changed? I’ll try popping into the Tesla store next time to ask.
I went a few days back and it didn't recognise my plate and the person on the intercom said "are you in the Tesla, you should have registered your number plate with the store to get a discount", I asked if that was once and she said no it needed to be every time.

Here's an update for anyone interested.

I went to Westfield today and I signed up for the smart parking online before I went.
I was only in the car park for less than an hour charging. The Tesla store system was down so it wouldn't let me put in my license plate, and the staff said you should get the first hour free even with smart parking.

I pressed the help button at the exit and the staff told me that I will get charged, and the best way is to unregister from the smart parking so you don't get charged and he can just let me out next time. Now I've got home and I have been emailed my parking charge receipt for 3£.

The system isn't great, I'd either go for less than an hour without smart parking and press the help button to exit - they should let you out, they have in the past month for me.
Or if you are charging and shopping for over an hour you'd most likely have to pay for the whole duration for parking, or try your luck at the exit.

I refuse to visit shopping centres that charge to park. If they want my business then they should provide somewhere to leave my conveyance. Trafford centre is all free so they get my business.
Unfortunately in London free parking is not really a thing, unless it’s on-street at an off peak time.