Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Westin Trillium House Blue Mountain

Birdman325

Aug 15, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Just FYI, while the Westin Trillium House in Blue Mountain has 3 or 4 (not sure which) Tesla chargers and 2 non-Tesla chargers in their underground parking, and parking is $20 per night, they charge $30 per night if you park underground and plug in.

I thought this was odd - but that is what they told me over the phone.

Reactions: Oneka

Techniques

Jul 4, 2018
Richmond Hill
Just FYI, while the Westin Trillium House in Blue Mountain has 3 or 4 (not sure which) Tesla chargers and 2 non-Tesla chargers in their underground parking, and parking is $20 per night, they charge $30 per night if you park underground and plug in.

Ok thats just funny...an extra $10 a day to charge? When we stayed at the Grand Georgian, I plugged into one of the 110v outlets they had underground. Got me where I needed to be over night...slow as F, but it did the job.

MarcoRP

Sep 6, 2017
Montréal

I don’t know if they’re allowed to do that. I think the terms for Destination charging is that they are commodities for patrons or clients, as a free service. I’d contact Tesla and ask if the hotel is passing boundaries

Birdman325

Aug 15, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I believe they spin it as "$20 for underground parking at the hotel, $30 for valet parking. If you are using the chargers, you need to use valet parking, therefore it is $30 to use the chargers".

I don't know this for a fact, just "surmising".

realtycoon

Apr 5, 2016
Toronto
I was there in the summer, paid the $20 regular nightly parking rate, the chargers are on the left when you enter the garage, I just plugged in, topped off and moved my car after charging the next morning. Didn't have an issue. You should be able to do that unless they have physically separated the area of the garage (doubtful)

Reactions: TrevTremaine

RedSafari

Mar 28, 2018
Toronto
There are comments on PlugShare for that location, that also describe the same rules.
It’s a very nice hotel. I was there in January, self parked at $20 a night and moved the car for one night to the valet area to charge (the valet area was nearly empty). The extra $10 I would have spent went to the bell boys.

RSR.M3

Jul 28, 2019
Toronto
I was here a few weeks ago. Didn't see the chargers in plug share. Ended up having to take the ICE vehicle instead. Well good to know for next time.

YusufT

May 4, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
$10 for 300kms of winter e-juice is still pretty good. Could be worse if they charge you the gasoline equivalent :)
That’s not the mindset to approach this imo. However, I heard of some superchargers located inside paid parking in the states but never heard of destination chargers being the same. I think destination chargers are up to the host but supercharger is an agreement with Tesla. I could be wrong.

TrevTremaine

Mar 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I was there in the summer, paid the $20 regular nightly parking rate, the chargers are on the left when you enter the garage, I just plugged in, topped off and moved my car after charging the next morning. Didn't have an issue. You should be able to do that unless they have physically separated the area of the garage (doubtful)

Same thing. Paid the $20, charged briefly, moved it off. Never was quoted a higher price although that said, perhaps they're getting more EV traffic and are working to ensure that those that need it get a chance.

Supposedly, there's a SuperCharger in the works for Collingwood - that might make it a moot issue.

• Informative
Reactions: Tony_YYZ and Shaz

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC