Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wet (undried) paint at delivery. Issue? Ready to seal paint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery yesterday and when washing the car for the first time, I noticed little pieces of paint. I understand this is a water based paint, so the pieces actually run when wet…it will smudge/streak. (Pic is from the left hatch area by the strut.) comes off easily as long as I catch it. I think it’s coming from the welds/seams…any concern here?

Also, many of you guys ceramic or ppf. Right away, does the paint need to cure/dry like the olden days? Being right down from the factory, the paint could be as little as a few days old. Thanks!

Attachments

• 4ED686C7-508C-44BC-89E1-36881A44F9DA.jpeg
    4ED686C7-508C-44BC-89E1-36881A44F9DA.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 275
  • Funny
Reactions: buckets0fun
Took delivery yesterday and when washing the car for the first time, I noticed little pieces of paint. I understand this is a water based paint, so the pieces actually run when wet…it will smudge/streak. (Pic is from the left hatch area by the strut.) comes off easily as long as I catch it. I think it’s coming from the welds/seams…any concern here?

Also, many of you guys ceramic or ppf. Right away, does the paint need to cure/dry like the olden days? Being right down from the factory, the paint could be as little as a few days old. Thanks!
(I understand this is a water based paint)
Even if it's water based paint, it should be dried out by the time it's released from the factory. Water-based paint would require much better surface prep before it's applied vs solvent-based

Reactions: buckets0fun