Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wetherby Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the Wetherby Supercharger is open, or when it is due to open? The Tesla website just says by end 2017 and location may vary. I assume it will be in the Moto Services just off the A1, North of Wetherby,
Thanks for any info.

Rumour has it that this pin is actually the Supercharger that is still under construction at the Holiday Inn at Scotch Corner (A1/A66). I saw some consutruction going on at Moto Wetherby in early September on site near the entrance, but I don't think it's anything Tesla related. One day I'll go and have another look.

Tesla entered in to an agreement with Welcome Break to put chargers at their sites, there hasn't been any announcement of a deal with Moto.

The existing Grantham site is Moto, so the Moto site at Wetherby is a possibility; equally, it could be elsewhere.

While the pins are certainly not accurate, naming the location "Wetherby" if it's actually at Scotch Corner would be rather odd (I know "Inverness" turned out to be at Aviemore, but in that case the major city is Inverness and Aviemore is on the way there).

Yes, it is rather odd - especially as Scotch Corner is some distance from Wetherby. If there is to be a Supercharger at the Moto Services at Wetherby then it would be great if it can be operational by Christmas. That would suite me very nicely for I trip I have planned for then (and for future trips). So if you are listening Tesla, you know what to do.......!

As I was passing, I swung by Wetherby Services yesterday lunchtime, the construction in September near the petrol station was actually a stand-alone Costa building which is now open along with parking. Had a drive around the site, there is zero sign of anything Tesla related and no further construction or clearance of any sort going on, therefore I doubt there will be any Supercharger here this year, if at all. I'm still betting on this being similar to the Inverness/Aviemore pin issue on the Tesla Supercharger map. Wetherby is actually the next Primary destination on the A1 south of Scotch Corner.

With the recent Moto partnership do you think this could now be an option? I would think that Moto would push for this location since it’s one of their bigger locations