Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We've gone TEV! (Total Electric Vehicle!) Bought a Brammo Empulse R!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I'm a super proud and excited owner of a Tesla Model S, with a preorder for a Model X too.

I ride motorcycles, and I've just placed an order for a Brammo (electric motorcycle, 100% Electric Motorcycle : Brammo Empulse and Enertia Home). I'm in New York City.

Has anyone else gone TEV? (Total EV ;)

I'm super excited. Brammo suggests I should get my Empulse R by February. They, like Tesla, are only now ramping up production.

Reply if you've also gone TEV with your Tesla, and if so, what?

Cheers,

Mark

Hey Mark,

I have a Roadster and pre-ordered the X also. Also on the wait list for the Brammo R. Where are you in line? I'm number [66] I think. I haven't had the call to put the downpayment on it yet. What have you heard? No one told me anything yet about delivery :( how did you here about a Feb. delivery??!?

Not totally EV. Have my RX-7 that is still my favorite car. And the GT-R.

Hey Mark,

I have a Roadster and pre-ordered the X also. Also on the wait list for the Brammo R. Where are you in line? I'm number [66] I think. I haven't had the call to put the downpayment on it yet. What have you heard? No one told me anything yet about delivery :( how did you here about a Feb. delivery??!?

Not totally EV. Have my RX-7 that is still my favorite car. And the GT-R.

Hi 7Racer: Wow,66? I'm 1920! The director for North American Sales called me to pre-arrange delivery, given that I'm in NYC and that they don't have a dealer anywhere near me. I'm still not going to get it until Feb at the earliest (March is likely). I put 50% down, ahead of other people he told be, due to the fact that mine would come from the factory (though a dealer would be handling the paper work, whatever that means).

Technically, I'm not TEV yet, as I still have my 2012 Q7, but that goes on the market 1 month before my Model S arrives, which HOPEFULLY will be soon(ish).

When you drive an electric vehicle, the roar, the fumes, the dripping fluids and oils of a traditional car seem utterly unappealing now, compared to the silent purity of an EV. Hence TEV.

Which part of the country are you in?

Dallas Texas. My sister and her husband live in NYC. Actually now Summit NJ and commute in due to the kids. I visit them a fair bit.

And damn! How come no one from Brammo called me!!!! grrrrrr

We have a Roadster and Model S on the way. We're going to keep our Diesel Jeep Liberty for hauling my motorcycle (I do track days) but it won't be used much. But on the motorcycle front I'm keen on getting a Lightning to replace my Benelli. I want a little more performance than the Empulse R and I don't want a transmission. I loved going from my 6-speed manual in my Corvette to no gears in my Roadster. Anyone know if Brammo is going to sell Empulse RR's to privateers? It doesn't look like the RR has a clutch lever.

I have a Think City and a Model S reservation (EU P212). When the Model S arrives I will get rid of my Audi and go TEV!

We will actually be a TEH (total electric household) as we have replaced the lawnmower with an electric one, and we have an induction cooktop and a heat-pump to heat the house. I even have an electric toothbrush!

Anyone else planning to go TEH?

When my Model S arrives I will be completely electric for daily driving, road trips, etc.

However, I do have a Honda S2000 that I use for the track, and I will continue to do so. (Oddly enough the Roadster is what got me started into motorsports.)

That's exactly what I want, it's just still a little too prototype for me at this point. I want to see a little more refinement and a little better feeling the company will survive. Kind of like w/ my Tesla Roadster purchase. I looked at them in 2008 but decided to wait. I'm glad many did get in early to keep the company afloat but I'm glad I got a 2.5....

I want to go fully electric as well, Model S and Renault ZOE, but I also drive motor cycles.

I have a 2011 Kawasaki Z750R and that one is not going away. Pure pleasure, hearing that engine underneath you screaming with 11.000RPM!

Although I'm 100% pro-electric, when I'm on a motor cycle it has to scream and roar.

Hopefully when I get the phone call that my S is ready for factory pick-up in a few days I will be totally electric. The Lexus LS600hL is going to my business partner and I will just have the Roadster and the S and 6KW of solar on the roof to power them both (and the house too).

We have decided to sell both our current vehicles when we get our Model S, and go TEV.
I will have to bike or run the 8+ km to work (5 miles) and Leonie will pick me up. It make sense to do that from an economic point of view with an electric car. Both of us getting to work is the only reason to have 2 vehicles. Now I can bike or run to work and leonie can pick me up for a fuel cost of less than 50cents.

We have decided to sell both our current vehicles when we get our Model S, and go TEV.
I will have to bike or run the 8+ km to work (5 miles) and Leonie will pick me up. ...
I guess you don't get much snow there, but how about rain? Is there alternate public transportation, or would you hitch with Leonie both ways?

I guess you don't get much snow there, but how about rain? Is there alternate public transportation, or would you hitch with Leonie both ways?

Snow is not usually an issue in the North Island of NZ, yes we get rain and wind. There are buses but they cost too much to be an attractive option (almost as cheap to keep another car). Leonie can not take me to work (well maybe sometimes) but she finishes before me so she can have the car during the day and pick me up when I finish work.

Finally got it!!!

empulse.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

hmmm not sure why the forum automatically rotated the picture but you get the idea....