Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wh/km readings dropped after recent software update

ptkatch

Jun 13, 2020
Canada
Tesla is Model 3 SR+ 2019. My average energy consumption per km used to be ~155Wh/km.
Our office moved us to telecommute for COVID-19 closure so I rarely drove since mid-March.
I resumed driving lately and noticed my average Wh/km is ~115Wh/km now on the same routes.

Projected Range in the Trip Meter screen on 90% charged battery is now ~80km greater, than
it used to be.

There were a few software updates while car was parked. It is currently on version 2020.16.2.1.
I wonder if anybody else is seeing the same.

KenC

Sep 4, 2018
Maine
Temps from mid-March to now, have warmed significantly, particularly in northern climes. It's easy for Efficiency to increase 20% or more. In your case, 35% seems quite alot, but where I live, March was unusually cold, average temps were in the 30s Fahrenheit. How was it where you live?

Reactions: Matsayz and fr100

Chisale

Sep 28, 2019
Ohio
Yep. Amazing how much better the Li-ion batteries work at 20-30 C as opposed to 0 C or less. And that's not even counting heater use which eats up a lot of energy.

ptkatch

Jun 13, 2020
Canada
Interesting...I am in BC, we don't have extreme temperatures here. March average was ~12C, June ~22C. I believe TM3SR+ is rated
at ~140Wh/km so 115Wh/km seems suspicious. Actual consumption I had was always slightly higher. I'll see if I can find consumption numbers for last September when I've bought it. We had about the same 20+C temp then.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC