Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wh/km readings dropped after recent software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is Model 3 SR+ 2019. My average energy consumption per km used to be ~155Wh/km.
Our office moved us to telecommute for COVID-19 closure so I rarely drove since mid-March.
I resumed driving lately and noticed my average Wh/km is ~115Wh/km now on the same routes.

Projected Range in the Trip Meter screen on 90% charged battery is now ~80km greater, than
it used to be.

There were a few software updates while car was parked. It is currently on version 2020.16.2.1.
I wonder if anybody else is seeing the same.

Temps from mid-March to now, have warmed significantly, particularly in northern climes. It's easy for Efficiency to increase 20% or more. In your case, 35% seems quite alot, but where I live, March was unusually cold, average temps were in the 30s Fahrenheit. How was it where you live?

Reactions: Matsayz and fr100
Interesting...I am in BC, we don't have extreme temperatures here. March average was ~12C, June ~22C. I believe TM3SR+ is rated
at ~140Wh/km so 115Wh/km seems suspicious. Actual consumption I had was always slightly higher. I'll see if I can find consumption numbers for last September when I've bought it. We had about the same 20+C temp then.