Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wh/m with snow tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to put snow tires on my X90D and I know there is a range hit. We drive up to Vermont a lot in the winter and currently we usually arrive after 1 supercharging stop with about 20 miles left on the battery. I know this trip is going to end up being a 2 supercharging stop trip I'm just trying to get an idea of how much the wh/m will go up adding 20" snows with the same size as the OEM staggered setup? I know there will be variation I'm just trying to get an idea for the purpose of planning my route. I'm looking at the Bridgestone DMV2 tires I've always liked they way they perform in the snow but I'm open to suggestions as well.

Thank you

Jim

I'm going to put snow tires on my X90D and I know there is a range hit. We drive up to Vermont a lot in the winter and currently we usually arrive after 1 supercharging stop with about 20 miles left on the battery. I know this trip is going to end up being a 2 supercharging stop trip I'm just trying to get an idea of how much the wh/m will go up adding 20" snows with the same size as the OEM staggered setup? I know there will be variation I'm just trying to get an idea for the purpose of planning my route. I'm looking at the Bridgestone DMV2 tires I've always liked they way they perform in the snow but I'm open to suggestions as well.

Thank you

Jim

You should send @G77P a message. It looks like he has experience with that tire 19" vs 20" Snow Tires? I recall reading about a 10% decrease on average in various threads.

I use the Nokian WRG3 myself. It isn't a dedicated snow tire; but is winter rated (3 mountain icon) and I actually see an improvement over the OEM Conti's. Contis were ~375wh/mi, WRG3's are coming in at about 350wh/mi. It's got the eco rating and the tread isn't as blocky. Which means it won't do as well in thick powdery snow. So a trade off there..