Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s coming next in V11?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally I think Sentry videos on screen will come with a 10.x release in the next few months. Same with the initial rollout of FSD features.

V11, which would come out in approximately a year or more, will hopefully bring some sort of better smartphone integration, whether it be Carplay/Android Auto or some other solution. I think V11 will also give us the first look into Tesla's ridesharing platform (i.e. not robotaxis, but just the platform for owners to start driving Uber-style if they wish).

If I remember correctly neither will ever be In a Tesla because Tesla would have to give them far more access to their system than they want too.

I highly doubt that's the reason. You could quite easily run android auto or car play in a sandbox.
Someone on reddit even got android auto to work through the in car web browser, by spoofing ip addresses with a wifi router, and a raspberry pi running android.

There's probably no technical reason it isn't implemented, politics I bet is where the issue lies. The UI team could conceivably see android auto and apple car play as their competition. Either solution invalidates quite a lot of the work they've put into the UI. Who wouldn't be upset to see all their hard work, get covered up by some UI element they have zero control over?

A fix to the turn signals remaining active while reversing, instead of three blinks and done. Not new and cool but oh well.

+100000

find that super frustrating myself. not only do drivers not do it in general, but now i cannot either... pretty stupid.

not to mention, when reversing the camera should remain on-top until you switch to Drive or Park, etc....

+100000
when reversing the camera should remain on-top until you switch to Drive or Park, etc....
Yes! I can’t tell you how many times my kids or other passenger pushes one of the media or fan buttons while I am backing down the driveway and I have to manually reactivate the backup camera. I’ve almost got them trained but that touch screen is just too tempting. It would be a nice option to have, maybe even mandatory as I can’t imagine a situation where you would not want it to work this way.