Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s it got...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey

Is there a pdf or something that details all the features of the base model x covering what you can do with the car controls and app?

All the “extra” stuff is fairly documented but the website seems light on info for example I only just discovered that the front seats are heated as standard when I was under the impression I had to get premium pack for heated seats, and out of all the extras in the premium pack the heated seats was all I wanted and being selfish I don’t care about back passengers so front is good.

being selfish I don’t care about back passengers

I do use Front Seat Heaters, but I suspect that may, in large part, because I forget to turn on Climate before I start my journey.

For someone more organised! who remembers to turn on Climate, I wonder if all passengers would be quite happy, without supplemental seat-heat?

That said, seat-heat uses less energy than resistive cabin-heater, so for max range in cold weather that is presumably a benefit .. but unlike some YouTube videos I have seen I am not intending to drive a £100K car sitting there in a thick coat, woolly hat, and gloves ...

(Sorry, no help with your features-comparison PDF request)

I don’t care about back passengers so front is good.

:) The only thing I would have wanted from the premium pack would be heated steering wheel, like you, I am not bothered about rear seat passengers :)

So I didn't select that option.

Regarding the other points, I just looked at various stock' models, but I am getting the MS so can't really be any more use.

Reactions: Fellsteruk
@WannabeOwner, I don't know if you can 'preheat' he steering wheel, but if the inside is toast then I am sure the steering wheel will be warm also.

My current car has heated steering wheel and it is excellent, however, I cannot preheat to see if the heated steering wheel would be useful.

So, thinking logically, even without heated steering wheel, pre heating the car should warm the steering wheel so it would not be required. :)

Reactions: WannabeOwner
pre heating the car should warm the steering wheel so it would not be required

I am always curious about these new fangled things.

Of course when I first had central locking that was a "How did I ever manage before?" moment ... although it changed behaviour as I no longer found it necessary to open the passenger door for my girlfriend ...

Read someone saying the other day that self-closing doors are in the same category ... seems just a luxury to me, but Hey! I've never had them to know :)

Reactions: Fellsteruk
I've never driven in a car that had one, but just curious:

if you have pre-heated the car is there still a benefit to heated steering wheel? I got in ICE yesterday, freezing cold, no pre-heat of course (in fact no heat for first X-miles either ...) and, yeah, steering wheel was freezing too ...

Yes, even having preheated the car having the heated steering wheel is ace. I don't have it yet but the most recent OTA update 2018.6.1 includes preheating the steering wheel, and will turn on the demisters front and back.

Of course when I first had central locking that was a "How did I ever manage before?" moment

My list of 'can't live without' used to be very short - auto box and air con. Now it includes power tailgate and heated steering wheel.

That said, seat-heat uses less energy than resistive cabin-heater, so for max range in cold weather that is presumably a benefit .. but unlike some YouTube videos I have seen I am not intending to drive a £100K car sitting there in a thick coat, woolly hat, and gloves ...

The idea with the seat heaters is you can have exactly the same level of comfort by using seat heat and the main heat turned down a couple of degrees, and so save energy with no compromise.

I'm not sure how this interacts with the people who complain about cold feet (ie. that the main heat doesn't heat the footwells effectively).

I always use seat heat, and had never noticed cold feet - not sure if this means my warm backside indirectly heats my feet, or that my feet happen to be insensitive, or that my early car is different to the later ones...

I'm not sure how this interacts with the people who complain about cold feet

That's me ...

Both my wife and I have this problem. I'm prepared to believe its my circulation - I get cold extremities going outside for a few minutes - but she doesn't. When she drives she has the heating turned up to 26C, only DOWN airflow selected, fan turned up to 7 at least, to stop her feet getting cold ... For us definitely the seat-heat doesn't fix that problem, and Tesla Service hasn't/can't either, but I can see how seat-heat should enable lower cabin temperature, but I this the cabin temperature has to be even to achieve that.

I ought to get a temperature logger and actually give Tesla some data to prove my case because they say "We've tested it and it's fine". I do have a temperature logger, but its latency is far too slow to detect what our bodies are telling us, and I guess I haven;t done it because better temperature logger is not cheap ...

Perhaps I should just lend you my car for a few days and see if you get cold feet?