Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s this sound every time I accelerate? Service has no idea so far and says it’s not normal.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have that exact tone when I go full throttle, particularly the first high accel during a drive, I don't think it happens every time. This is a 2018 M3 LR RWD.

It's hard to tell the exact volume from the recording but it isn't super loud but I can definitely hear it, and it sounds like it is coming from the back of the car.

I have that exact tone when I go full throttle, particularly the first high accel during a drive, I don't think it happens every time. This is a 2018 M3 LR RWD.

It's hard to tell the exact volume from the recording but it isn't super loud but I can definitely hear it, and it sounds like it is coming from the back of the car.
You do? I’m somewhat relieved to hear that, and yeah mine does this on full throttle. It sticks around tho for 15 throttles and then sort of disappears.

Strange. It almost sounds like an intentional tone that comes from the speakers. Have you tried accelerating during an MCU reboot? Just to rule out the possibility that it's somehow being done in software (highly unlikely, but maybe still worth doing).
If it's coming thru the speakers then it could be bad grounding of the motor/inverter.