Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s coming next in V11?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like Tesla is at a bit of a crossroads when it comes to software. Do they keep building everything themselves or do they try to integrate more with other ecosystems (Apple, Google)? Toyota was insistent on Entune for years but finally caved in the last few years because their customers kept demanding it and the experience was inferior. I could see Tesla working on a dev kit and an app store because they could deliver an equally good or better experience than Apple/Google. Hell, they hire enough of the same people. Even if it's years away, it's an extra revenue stream and could be easier to offload games and infotainment apps to third-parties rather than trying to keep them updated. Obviously this only applies to things that can be used while the car is parked but they've already demonstrated proof of concept.

Improvements to voice commands would also be good but again, do they keep working on this internally or just improve mobile integration via bluetooth?

tbqh, i can do with less v11 and just getting service up to speed. New features are good and all, but its all kind of useless if youre waiting a month or two just to get a 12v battery changed. Cant use features if your car isnt working.

I know its growing pains. But boy it hurts and im not the only one feeling it.

Reactions: pilotSteve
tbqh, i can do with less v11 and just getting service up to speed. New features are good and all, but its all kind of useless if youre waiting a month or two just to get a 12v battery changed. Cant use features if your car isnt working.
It's a fair perspective, but I rather suspect that the folks working on the firmware, and the folks banging on fenders are in totally different corporate siloes.

Not much of a software update but I’d like to see tires that don’t get flat or need to be replaced, ever. With all this high tech, we still need to rely on rubber tires that need to be inflated.

With my previous car we got a couple of nails since there is some construction by our house. Freaks me out to think I’d have a flat and can’t do anything about it(?) besides calling roadside assistance.

Is it just me?

Michelin’s Airless Tire is Getting More and More Serious

Not much of a software update but I’d like to see tires that don’t get flat or need to be replaced, ever. With all this high tech, we still need to rely on rubber tires that need to be inflated.

With my previous car we got a couple of nails since there is some construction by our house. Freaks me out to think I’d have a flat and can’t do anything about it(?) besides calling roadside assistance.

Is it just me?

Throw a patch kit and a 12V air compressor in the trunk... If you don't go with tires with foam in them you can throw in a can of slime as a last resort sort of thing too (can mess up TPMS).

Yes! I can’t tell you how many times my kids or other passenger pushes one of the media or fan buttons while I am backing down the driveway and I have to manually reactivate the backup camera. I’ve almost got them trained but that touch screen is just too tempting. It would be a nice option to have, maybe even mandatory as I can’t imagine a situation where you would not want it to work this way.

+1
how do you manually reactivate the backup camera?

• Disagree
Reactions: qdeathstar