Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s everyone’s winter 100% showing ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When my car hit 50% SOC today, I flipped the display to miles, and it showed 156miles. Since when it first shows 50%, it probably really is rounding down from 50.49%, that works out to 309 miles of range. Over 13,000 miles on the odometer.

Reactions: Hybrid_GHOST
Slowly dropping. Now at 287, recovered to 294 from a low of 279 but on its way back down.
Winter is a bummer for EVS lol.. I’ll prob do a long “efficient” trip to try and rebalance it ( via the how I recovered lost range thread) once spring comes and it warms back up.. I’ve only super charged once for about 15 mins.. just about always stay in the 20-80% range.. still love the car ❤️

Not another degradation thread.. just curious what everyone’s estimate at 100% is showing ? Mines at 296. With less than 3700 miles. I’m sure it’s just the bms. Due to winter and driving it not efficiently at all ..

Winter is a bummer for EVS lol.. I’ll prob do a long “efficient” trip to try and rebalance it ( via the how I recovered lost range thread) once spring comes and it warms back up.. I’ve only super charged once for about 15 mins.. just about always stay in the 20-80% range.. still love the car ❤️

You say its "not another degradation thread" (likely in an attempt to keep me from moving the thread into the degradation thread), but talking about someones "100% range showing" doesnt really have anything to do with winter, unless they are talking about it when the snowflake icon is on.

Your second post about "attemping to rebalance it" tells me that, yes, this is actually about range showing, degradation, range lost, etc.

Still, I am likely to leave it here, unless the conversation starts turning toward how much people have lost, etc.

Snowflake season be brutal.

Got into the car. Reporting 5% less range than normal. Zero regen capability. Power limited to 200kW (hey, that's the same horsepower as my last car, the Honda Crosstour!).

I think about 5% down is perhaps the worst that will usually be seen, considering it won't allow the battery to get much colder than what I had it at. Perhaps 6% down. I'd be curious to see if someone had it worse - I could see a "badly" balanced pack showing less, since cold makes imbalance much much worse under load. Not sure if Tesla is accounting that though.

You say its "not another degradation thread" (likely in an attempt to keep me from moving the thread into the degradation thread), but talking about someones "100% range showing" doesnt really have anything to do with winter, unless they are talking about it when the snowflake icon is on.

Your second post about "attemping to rebalance it" tells me that, yes, this is actually about range showing, degradation, range lost, etc.

Still, I am likely to leave it here, unless the conversation starts turning toward how much people have lost, etc.

just a post of curiosity. Nothing more, nothing less move the thread if you’d like.

Btw battery is lr awd

Not another degradation thread.. just curious what everyone’s estimate at 100% is showing ? Mines at 296. With less than 3700 miles. I’m sure it’s just the bms. Due to winter and driving it not efficiently at all ..

282 miles (out of 310 original miles). At ~16000 driven miles. Bms or not, this is about 10% less than 16 months ago. I just hope it will either level out soon or drop below 217 miles (70% warranty case).

In 2017, 2018, and 2019, we paid for you guys to have 353 miles now. Anyway, I want a CT as my next Tesla.

282 miles (out of 310 original miles). At ~16000 driven miles. Bms or not, this is about 10% less than 16 months ago. I just hope it will either level out soon or drop below 217 miles (70% warranty case).

In 2017, 2018, and 2019, we paid for you guys to have 353 miles now. Anyway, I want a CT as my next Tesla.
Cybertruck is my next one also.. can’t wait for that beast..
Hopefully with the battery enhancements the lowest single motor will still get 300 miles I personally reserved the dual motor I’m hoping over 400 on it.

I think to get a better understanding of how winter temps affect range, we should post at what temp we are seeing the range also.

My '18 AWD LR has ~55K miles. My 100% shows 278 miles at about 40 degrees F.

My max range hasn't changed too much in the past 6 months to be honest. This is on par with my summer average. So at this temp, I'm not seeing a dramatic loss in max range. I wish it would go up but I guess I should be happy it not going further down.