TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What’s S60D to S75D upgrade/uncork price today?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Iceh8r, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Iceh8r

Iceh8r Member

What’s S60d to s75d upgrade/uncork price today?

I’m patiently shopping for a cpo model s or x. Anyone know what the cost is now? Also, can all the 60d x cars be bumped up to 75?

2. jmcmill

jmcmill Member

If my understanding is correct, they no longer offer the option to purchase the additional capacity. Tesla removed the option from their webpage back in August, and since I have asked the service center who confirmed this has been removed.

3. cucubits

cucubits Active Member

I hope this is wrong. I'm also looking at a few 60Ds but only if I can unlock.

My sales advisor said all facelift 60s can be unlocked but it's just a copy paste answer, I'm 100% sure he didn't check.

4. Iceh8r

Iceh8r Member

I heard there are some third party shops that can unlock, but spending $42-55k id Have to know for sure.

5. carnutfan

carnutfan Member

Can't do it, currently. I went to multiple sources. Possible at the end of the year.

6. cucubits

cucubits Active Member

Any idea on the reason why they stopped this now?

7. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

This is odd - why then wouldn't Tesla unlock the 60 to 75 before selling them as CPO's?

8. cucubits

cucubits Active Member

Good point. They can list higher prices for selling them as 75s. Honestly, I think it can all be just because of a dumb dude somewhere up the chain making a senseless decision...

• Like x 2
  9. carnutfan

carnutfan Member

I cannot get to the bottom of this. Seems like easy money. The company's response to questions has been inconsistent, as usual.

10. meomyo

meomyo Member

This is odd and maybe has to do with capgate?

• Like x 1
  11. Dithermaster

Dithermaster Member

There's another thread where people are getting this done for free. Not sure if that's policy or just some generous service centers.

12. meomyo

meomyo Member

I wouldn't doubt tesl a doing this for free now..I mean they are so odd with being all over the place on prices and fixes and info that it seems something they would do.
    Charge some 8k. Some 5k. Some 2k and some free!!!!lol!!!typical tesla!

• Funny x 1
  13. HAL|9000

HAL|9000 Member

I just purchased a used 2016 60D last week, and during the purchase process they told me the battery was going to be unlocked and the car rebadged to a 75D. And when I showed up for delivery, that is infact what I received. So they are definitely doing it, at least for their used inventory.

• Informative x 2
  14. cucubits

cucubits Active Member

Did you also get it uncorked (are you getting the usual 75D 0-60 in 4.2 seconds)?

15. cucubits

cucubits Active Member

This uncork thing isn't letting me rest.

I ended up buying a used facelift 75D from Tesla and I can't get a clear answer if it's uncorked or not. It's a July 2016 build and it was a 70D at the previous owner. Everything ok with the capacity, it was already unlocked to 75 when I picked it up but I honestly can't tell if it has the performance update or not. I tried to measure a couple launches with my phone while watching the speed but that's really not accurate enough for me to tell.

I did have a mobile service tech work on a few minor things and I kept asking him about this but he admitted he hasn't worked on uncorking and doesn't know about this. He tried to look on his computer and said it's possible it is uncorked, but he didn't connect to the car to make sure.

How much does the outside temperature, battery temperature and state of charge influence the 0-60 performance? What's a good way to measure without buying additional gear?

16. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

Best other way is to drive an uncorked car.

You can feel the difference pretty easily, the acceleration on an uncorked car is much more aggressive, you can even feel the front lifting a bit.

17. cucubits

cucubits Active Member

Right, that's a good way to compare. Trouble is there aren't that many Teslas around here and for now I don't want to go for a test drive with a new one.

I did try one more thing in the mean time. I recorded the dashboard, cropped the video from where 0 turned to 1 and where 59 turned to 60. No matter how I count, it's still around 5 seconds.

I had to schedule a service visit anyway (some play in the driver seat) and I started with the uncork request. This time the app didn't give me a mobile service option, it scheduled me to a nearby service center next week. We'll see what they say.

• Funny x 1
  18. TJtv

TJtv Member

Best way is to pay for and download the Tesla Power Tools app on iphone. Then sign into your account and fire it up while you're driving. Mash the pedal to the floor. IF the max power you see is ~270kW then it's still corked. Uncorked cars will show ~330kW.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  19. cucubits

cucubits Active Member

Is there an android alternative?

20. TJtv

TJtv Member

Probably, but I can't say for sure since I don't use it.