Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s S60D to S75D upgrade/uncork price today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If my understanding is correct, they no longer offer the option to purchase the additional capacity. Tesla removed the option from their webpage back in August, and since I have asked the service center who confirmed this has been removed.

I hope this is wrong. I'm also looking at a few 60Ds but only if I can unlock.

My sales advisor said all facelift 60s can be unlocked but it's just a copy paste answer, I'm 100% sure he didn't check.

I just purchased a used 2016 60D last week, and during the purchase process they told me the battery was going to be unlocked and the car rebadged to a 75D. And when I showed up for delivery, that is infact what I received. So they are definitely doing it, at least for their used inventory.

Did you also get it uncorked (are you getting the usual 75D 0-60 in 4.2 seconds)?

This uncork thing isn't letting me rest.

I ended up buying a used facelift 75D from Tesla and I can't get a clear answer if it's uncorked or not. It's a July 2016 build and it was a 70D at the previous owner. Everything ok with the capacity, it was already unlocked to 75 when I picked it up but I honestly can't tell if it has the performance update or not. I tried to measure a couple launches with my phone while watching the speed but that's really not accurate enough for me to tell.

I did have a mobile service tech work on a few minor things and I kept asking him about this but he admitted he hasn't worked on uncorking and doesn't know about this. He tried to look on his computer and said it's possible it is uncorked, but he didn't connect to the car to make sure.

How much does the outside temperature, battery temperature and state of charge influence the 0-60 performance? What's a good way to measure without buying additional gear?

Right, that's a good way to compare. Trouble is there aren't that many Teslas around here and for now I don't want to go for a test drive with a new one.

I did try one more thing in the mean time. I recorded the dashboard, cropped the video from where 0 turned to 1 and where 59 turned to 60. No matter how I count, it's still around 5 seconds.

I had to schedule a service visit anyway (some play in the driver seat) and I started with the uncork request. This time the app didn't give me a mobile service option, it scheduled me to a nearby service center next week. We'll see what they say.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC