Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s S60D to S75D upgrade/uncork price today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, just my 1st post here so plz bear with me :)

I bought a used 12/2016 Model S60 in private last year, it got locked AP1 Hardware and a 75kwH battery so i'm looking to unlock the battery to get the most out of it...

Monitoring the official tesla forums it seems its still only possible via "friendly" well-informed SEC employees (Upgrade Battery from S60 to S75 | Tesla) altough with recent Tesla App version the UPGRADES option now appears in-app it seems its only meant for the upcoming MCU2/FSD upgrades to be sold to model s owners as neither my battery unlock nor AP1 Hardware unlock are shown -_-

Closest SEC here in Stuttgart just told me I shall wait until it will be available again via the website or the app...
Only the AP Hardware was unlocked temporarily but they had no way to bill it to me.

For uncorking I think i'm totally lost unless there might be some AWD retrofit for my Facelift "75" RWD model :(
Altough I found one user from europe comment stating "Must upgrade to 75D to qualify" in the TMC Excel Tesla Uncorking 75D Tracker the user (hozbayrak) cant be found anymore and if the retrofit exist it most probably might be cheaper to just get a new D model :rolleyes:

There's another thread where people are getting this done for free. Not sure if that's policy or just some generous service centers.
Would you mind sharing this thread? ;)
Mine got >140k miles on the clock so maybe the natural battery degration might be a good argument for unlock...

Is there an android alternative?
The ScanMyTesla App introduced a speed (measurement) Tab in a previous update but it costs 10bucks and you need the AdapterCable + OBD2 BT Adapter (e.g. vgate icar2) - for the app u might request a refund within 24hrs though.

Thx for your answers/comments.
Stay safe!

Greetings from Germany,
rothman ;)

Sorry, I saw it straight afterwards. Both of these options more or less double the price with the delivery charges which I dislike but I found some sources on Ebay as well now. Actually the cables look quite simple, probably easy enough to build yourself?!

Hey guys, just my 1st post here so plz bear with me :)

I bought a used 12/2016 Model S60 in private last year, it got locked AP1 Hardware and a 75kwH battery so i'm looking to unlock the battery to get the most out of it...

Monitoring the official tesla forums it seems its still only possible via "friendly" well-informed SEC employees (Upgrade Battery from S60 to S75 | Tesla) altough with recent Tesla App version the UPGRADES option now appears in-app it seems its only meant for the upcoming MCU2/FSD upgrades to be sold to model s owners as neither my battery unlock nor AP1 Hardware unlock are shown -_-

Closest SEC here in Stuttgart just told me I shall wait until it will be available again via the website or the app...
Only the AP Hardware was unlocked temporarily but they had no way to bill it to me.

For uncorking I think i'm totally lost unless there might be some AWD retrofit for my Facelift "75" RWD model :(
Altough I found one user from europe comment stating "Must upgrade to 75D to qualify" in the TMC Excel Tesla Uncorking 75D Tracker the user (hozbayrak) cant be found anymore and if the retrofit exist it most probably might be cheaper to just get a new D model :rolleyes:

Would you mind sharing this thread? ;)
Mine got >140k miles on the clock so maybe the natural battery degration might be a good argument for unlock...

The ScanMyTesla App introduced a speed (measurement) Tab in a previous update but it costs 10bucks and you need the AdapterCable + OBD2 BT Adapter (e.g. vgate icar2) - for the app u might request a refund within 24hrs though.

Thx for your answers/comments.
Stay safe!

Greetings from Germany,
rothman ;)
Unlocking the battery meant getting it upgraded from a 60 to a 75. Uncorking meant getting a performance upgrade to drop 0-60mph from 5.2s down to 4.2s. The uncorking was offered only for 75D models (and those 60D that paid to unlock the battery to 75D), but not the S75 RWD (with the exception of those manufactured in July 2017 or later).

However, it seems like Tesla removed the ability to buy the 60->75 battery unlock.

Unlocking the battery meant getting it upgraded from a 60 to a 75. Uncorking meant getting a performance upgrade to drop 0-60mph from 5.2s down to 4.2s. The uncorking was offered only for 75D models (and those 60D that paid to unlock the battery to 75D), but not the S75 RWD (with the exception of those manufactured in July 2017 or later).

However, it seems like Tesla removed the ability to buy the 60->75 battery unlock.

This is interesting. I have a July 2017 build S75 RWD, but I don't recall this being mentioned by Tesla. Was this a paid upgrade?

Edit: I didn't finish reading all the way...I see the answer is above.

Last edited:
Best way is to pay for and download the Tesla Power Tools app on iphone. Then sign into your account and fire it up while you're driving. Mash the pedal to the floor. IF the max power you see is ~270kW then it's still corked. Uncorked cars will show ~330kW.

I thought about doing this because I'm curious what data is available but there are several reviews on iTunes that say the app is no longer functional.

So I did a test drive and it appears the car is generating 330 kWh when I mash the pedal, the front end pops up a little, etc. I didn't do any official timing though.

When I look at Tesla's used inventory of S75's it lists them all as 0-60 in 5.5 seconds, no 4.3 times. Of course the build dates are unknown but you'd think there would be a few laying around. Or maybe they don't advertise them any longer?

Best way is to pay for and download the Tesla Power Tools app on iphone. Then sign into your account and fire it up while you're driving. Mash the pedal to the floor. IF the max power you see is ~270kW then it's still corked. Uncorked cars will show ~330kW.
Is there an Android equivalent app? I'd love to know if my car is uncorked. Tesla confirmed it is when I bought it, but it would be nice to see so for myself.

Like Dare did. Select the power display on your dash. Punch it and see how much current you draw. If near 330, they you are uncorked. Is around 270 then you are still corked. No iphone needed.
The highest marked number on the energy display (upper left section of the circle) just shows the number 200 - so I would be estimating what the max is on full throttle.

Unless you mean watching the display and seeing what number shows at max throttle - that would be hard to do while trying to pay attention to the road at the same time on full throttle (unless I get someone to sit beside me and see what number it goes to).

Last edited:
This is odd - why then wouldn't Tesla unlock the 60 to 75 before selling them as CPO's?
Tesla unlocks inventory cars. I’ve seen them advertised 75’s and it still says 60 on the screen and rear. I’m sure if they sell them as a 75 that’s the software you will get. If you look they don’t list any of the software locked 60’s for sale and I’d imagine they get some in trade. I know they stopped offering the ability for owners to purchase the unlock.

Has anyone been able to unlock a 60 to become a 75 recently? If so, how?

I lost the option to purchase on the website last summer. Various queries to Tesla result in "coming soon" answers, but clearly that's not been true. Latest answer was to upgrade in the app, but I don't have that option.

Last official statement i got from TESLA Netherlands was in April when they forwarded me this
Tesla said:
OCT 2019: All HV battery software upgrades have been unavailable from MyTesla due introduction of Raven Powertrain.

• We are working on reintroducing those HV battery capacity software upgrades.
• They should be available before Q3 2020 via MyTesla .
• Until then and update of this article, upgrades are not available.

Guess due to Corona this will rather be Q4 :rolleyes:

However some people still have luck with their service centers it seems:
stew_98077456 said:
FYI got a call from the Service Centre 2 days ago offering the upgrade for ~2200 Euro + VAT
Via web site/app not possible at the moment.

Thread at official Tesla Forums
Upgrade Battery from S60 to S75 - Page 4

• Informative
Reactions: Woodwinds
Unlocking 60 to 75 is now possible at the service center. Part number:
BATTERY UPGRADE, 60kWh to 75 kWh, MS(1091845-06-A)
Cost now is $2250 plus $10 labor for the new 75 badge plus tax.
They also think that the option to upgrade is available in the app under upgrades, but it wasn't for me.
After almost 4 years of ownership, I wanted to get the additional range to cover the 13 miles that I've gradually lost.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: MIT_S60 and rothman