Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s the average Wh/mi you are getting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let us know what your average is, preferably since taking delivery. Also post what wheel tire setup you have.
Here’s mine, although I think my later driving as been a lot more efficient (about 260)
06CD3293-09A4-4AC2-9B76-EF62F5E1744B.jpeg

This is with 20inch 8.5 front 10 on the rear and pilot sport 4S

Reactions: Leafdriver333
270 Wh/mi after ~2500 miles. It's coming down a lot now that I'm not running the heater. Recent trips are closer to 250Wh/mi. 18" with the aero covers pulled off and a heavy right foot. The best round trip rating I ever got was on a flat road, 65 degree day at 55mph with no stops: 200Wh/mi. I was lucky to get under 325 in my Model S, so the 3 is much more efficient.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lmengoli
Five months of ownership and 1,621 miles shows 237 wh/mile. My wife just drives this car about town on errands, so maybe drives 50 miles per week. We did drive to the service center for a day trip, and then took another day trip to Gilroy and then down to the Kettleman City Supercharger. On those trips (I did most of the driving) our wh/mile was closer to 220.

We do not have the aero wheels.

And my lifetime wh/mile on our 4-year old S with nearly 50,000 miles is 278. So perhaps I am a much slower driver than most.

2,100 miles with aero wheels, averaging 227 using chill mode. Don't have a heavy foot but that is probably because I came from a Prius V where a heavy foot didn't do anything:)
Mostly around town with some highway. Have yet to do any prolonged highway driving at 70+ though.

• Funny
Reactions: suwaneedad
I am typically 245, likely cause I run the AC all the time. When I recently took a trip thru Wyoming I ended up bumping my 5000 mile lifetime to 254 on their 85 MPH highways. Coming back thru 100° heat of Las Vegas and the Valley of Fire didn't help. I have the 18" aeros, but I have the caps pulled off, probably also why I am not getting lower Wh/mi.

-Randy

Last edited:
That one doesn't account for the size of the wheels, or presence of the Aero caps, nor have very many choices around the middle of the curve, I might have had some options less than 20 watts apart and not waste the entries below 180 and above 300

-Randy

Reactions: evJOULE
Just over 3200 miles in the past 12 weeks of ownership. Aero wheels with covers removed. Early on my efficiency was well over 260 Wh/mi but it’s definitely been dropping that I’ve calmed my driving down a bit and with the warmer weather. I’m at around 255 Wh/mi lifetime now but my last 670 miles have averaged 228 Wh/mi. I still drive somewhat like a maniac, pushing the car pretty hard at times and usually flooring it at traffic lights (I can’t help it :D ). If I drove more like a sane person I’d probably be in the 230 Wh/mi range.

• Love
Reactions: suwaneedad