Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s the average Wh/mi you are getting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dual Motor with 18" and aero covers. Current lifetime is 305 Wh/mile for 10,898 miles. Delivered 26 October 2018. Most miles are up and down on I-5 at highway speeds on Autopilot. We drive through a lot of rain this time of year. Also, this is the third coldest February on record in Seattle.

Pretty good for AWD, what type of driving primarily and what climate?
I plead guilty to mild hypermiling. We drive about 50% highway, but we rarely exceed 70 MPH and I actively do safe drafting. Temperature range in my area since late August has been between 105F to 25F. We had one unusual 12" snowfall. I dress warmly on colder days and use seat heaters plus low fan, 66F HVAC set to the floor and windshield (AC off).

Swipe right on the lower section of the screen below the car image and it will bring up your trip meter. The first entry is this drive, followed if you scroll down by miles since the last charge, then A & B.

Sadly there isn't one for Lifetime, so I renamed my Trip B to Lifetime. Had a guy at Tesla Service recommend doing a full car reset to fix an issue and I asked if that would reset my trip meters. When he said Yes I declined the repair. Geez

-Randy

Swipe right on the lower section of the screen below the car image and it will bring up your trip meter. The first entry is this drive, followed if you scroll down by miles since the last charge, then A & B.

Sadly there isn't one for Lifetime, so I renamed my Trip B to Lifetime. Had a guy at Tesla Service recommend doing a full car reset to fix an issue and I asked if that would reset my trip meters. When he said Yes I declined the repair. Geez

-Randy

That's weak. Would it have reset the odometer as well?

New SR+ aero covers first trip to get home. 314 Wh/mi. 50 degrees F. Cruise on 75mph into 10 mph headwind. Consistent through two supercharger fill ups along the journey.

Was hoping for a bit better since there was only fan use (no heat or ac), and the long drive and supercharging would have the pack warmed up. That works out to 175 miles for a 100 percent to 0 percent trip. Meaning I'm stopping at every supercharger available on this trip.

Good news is that summer temps and in town driving will raise this going forward.

Reactions: Dana1
220 average for the last 2k miles, I have 10K miles, but don't have a lifetime reading (changed to weekly and "tires"). since last charge is 210 @ 177miles. I have a LR RWD with stock 19s, mostly freeway driving. Drive about 400mile/week. I don't use autopilot that often. Average speed on the freeway is around 70-80ish. I don't always gun it, but if I see someone showing off in an ICE, I'll show him who's boss every once in a while.

Just hit the magic 5000 mile mark so I thought I would share my stats. Mix of city commute and weekly highway trips from Green Bay, WI to Milwaukee, WI (240 mile round trip @ 75 mph).
2018 Model 3 LR, AWD, Aero wheels
11/20/18 - 3/4/19
1716 kWh
343 Wh/miView attachment 382985
Well, I now doubled the miles since my first post here are the new numbers. I quoted the 5k numbers above for reference. Overall the better weather had definitely helped. To get to the 313 overall average, I must have been hitting a 283 average for the second 5k since March.
11/20/18 - 6/12/19
10,000 miles
3,129 kWh
313 Wh/mi

Just hit 14k miles earlier today, here a snapshot of my current wh/mi on my Long Range with 19" Sport Wheels (Stock tires Conti.)

IMG_7147.jpg

60% Freeway/40% Surface streets. Averaging around 70-75mph on freeway.

2714 miles, 575 kWh, 212 Wh/Mi.
(4368 km & 132 Wh/km for my fellow Canucks)

I stay in Chill mode mostly to avoid tire wear as an SR+ RWD with aeros. Looks like it doesn't actually make a big difference to anything if you're not constantly ripping it on the highway.

The car isn't even 3 months old and I'm only seeing 370km/229 miles at 100%, which is annoying even if it's not the end of the world. Done a few resets, but it looks like I just have higher than normal degradation :( somebody has to be on the other side of the bell curve, guess this time it's me.

16 months on my LR RWD the first 9 months with Aeros, Now using Turbine wheels but come winter snow tires will be mounted with Aeros. (18" wheels).
16k miles average 248 Wh/mi. 218 Wh/mi during the warm summer months. Once the cold weather arrives there will be lots of days over 300 Wh/mi since I do a lot of short drives.