Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s the best way to get a good score if current score is bad?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So little confession…I did not actually think Tesla would start rolling out the FSD Beta so I’d do not play the whole try to get 100 score. I drove as normal and am at 59. 😬

Whats the best way to be the score up? Can the current score be reset for a clean slate? Would the best route be to just take a 100+ mile road trip and then just park the car?

It depend how many miles you have driven while being scored and how much time you can dedicate to some error free highway driving on AP to average your overall Safety Score up. You can calculate how many miles you need using my spreadsheet. Unfortunately I don't believe there is any way to reset your score.
Spreadsheet link:

1634305745960-png.721780

It depend how many miles you have driven while being scored and how much time you can dedicate to some error free highway driving on AP to average your overall Safety Score up. You can calculate how many miles you need using my spreadsheet. Unfortunately I don't believe there is any way to reset your score.
Spreadsheet link:

1634305745960-png.721780

Hey @n.one.one - Huge thanks for sharing this worksheet - impressive!! You've got everyone on this forum trying to improve their scores.
Question about the model - I had one bad day and my score went from 99-98. On the model, when I enter more future miles at zero, the score doesn't improve, it the cumulative rounded actually goes down. ??
Also the worksheet begins with a raw score of 115.4 for the first 15 rows, even for days that aren't perfect. ??
Screen capture below - very curious to hear your comments/insights. Thanks!!

1634569443000.png

Hey @n.one.one - Huge thanks for sharing this worksheet - impressive!! You've got everyone on this forum trying to improve their scores.
Question about the model - I had one bad day and my score went from 99-98. On the model, when I enter more future miles at zero, the score doesn't improve, it the cumulative rounded actually goes down. ??
Also the worksheet begins with a raw score of 115.4 for the first 15 rows, even for days that aren't perfect. ??
Screen capture below - very curious to hear your comments/insights. Thanks!!

View attachment 722886
The first very important question is: Are you using this on Google Sheets or Excel? I found out early on that one particular function is different in Excel and the spreadsheet doesn't work on Excel. If you're using it on Sheets than we can dig deeper.

So little confession…I did not actually think Tesla would start rolling out the FSD Beta so I’d do not play the whole try to get 100 score. I drove as normal and am at 59. 😬

Whats the best way to be the score up? Can the current score be reset for a clean slate? Would the best route be to just take a 100+ mile road trip and then just park the car?
Someone posted here yesterday that he intended to unenroll and then reenroll — and then drive at least 100 miles by this Friday. But other people have claimed that procedure won’t work and that when you reenroll your old score is repopulated.

A 59? Holy crap, I hope you don’t live near me! But you definitely should get the Beta before you kill someone. Of course, I’m guessing the Beta would probably get a safety score of around 10 or 15, so maybe that wouldn’t help.🤓

The first very important question is: Are you using this on Google Sheets or Excel? I found out early on that one particular function is different in Excel and the spreadsheet doesn't work on Excel. If you're using it on Sheets than we can dig deeper.
Google Sheets - for sure. No Excel involved. This is v8 of your worksheet. LMK if you have an updated version. Here's a link to my worksheet if you want to explore it directly - Copy of Tesla Safety Score - Tracking & Planning v8

Google Sheets - for sure. No Excel involved. This is v8 of your worksheet. LMK if you have an updated version. Here's a link to my worksheet if you want to explore it directly - Copy of Tesla Safety Score - Tracking & Planning v8
Something is wrong. I worked from your screenshot and came up with this.
1634570488148.png

It looks like if you drive 229 perfect miles today you should get to 99. Good luck. I'm going to open your work and try to figure out what went wrong.

Oh also apparently I have to drive 7,000 perfect miles to get to 99?

I read through the FAQ and apparently it only monitors the past 30 days...so once I get past Nov 106th, I'll be in much better shape. I'm averaging 99.8 over the past 3 days so I guess I can just park the car until Nov 11th and be good? :p

OP: clearly your issue is shown in the 4th column: tailgating leads to Forward Collision Warning and Hard Braking. (30 events in one day? Seriously? Were you on the way to the hospital bleeding out?)
Those aren't actual individual events...they are events per 1,000 miles...so 30.3 in 33 miles would actually be 0.9999 events...or 1.

The Hard Braking is a percentage of total time braking as hard braking...so 6.3% of the time spent braking was hard braking.
Same for Aggressive Turning...its a percentage of total time spent turning in excess of 0.4g.
Same for Unsafe Following Distance...again a percentage.

Also apparently it only count Following Distance if you are driving over 50 MPH and not on Autopilot.

Reactions: n.one.one
Thanks to @KDeanCville and @HX_Guy for noticing some spreadsheet issues this morning.
I've revised the sheet to v9 and recommend going to the link, making a copy, and re-entering your events/miles.
All of this is in more detail in this post - Safety Score

Thanks to @KDeanCville and @HX_Guy for noticing some spreadsheet issues this morning.
I've revised the sheet to v9 and recommend going to the link, making a copy, and re-entering your events/miles.
Thanks @n.one.one Amazing work and much appreciated by all of us in this forum striving to improve our scores. Great work!

Reactions: n.one.one
I am still getting a #DIV/0 and a Raw Score of 100 on a day with 0 miles driven - is that the expected result or is it not working correctly?

I am still getting a #DIV/0 and a Raw Score of 100 on a day with 0 miles driven - is that the expected result or is it not working correctly?
That should only happen if your first day (9/25/21) is zero miles. You can correct that by entering 0.1 miles for day one. To correct it wait for a future 'perfect score' day and just reduce your miles by 0.1 (on a perfect 14 mile day enter 13.9 miles).

That should only happen if your first day (9/25/21) is zero miles. You can correct that by entering 0.1 miles for day one. To correct it wait for a future 'perfect score' day and just reduce your miles by 0.1 (on a perfect 14 mile day enter 13.9 miles).
Thanks, that fixed that.

The score is still off for some reason...the sheet shows 79 but the app shows 75. Ive gone day by day and compared the sheet daily score to the app and they match, so not sure why there is a mismatch on the end score.