Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s The Best Windshield Sunshade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found this one on Amazon, but it seems awfully pricey at $56.90.

https://www.amazon.com/Folding-Ultimate-Windshield-Sunshade-Model-3/dp/B07CYGJ1TB

Seams reasonable.

I got this Covercraft's UVS-100 folding sunscreen for $68 from the OEM, free shipping:
https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/product/uvs100-custom-sunscreen.UV

I've had Covercraft sunscreens in multiple cars in the past - they last forever, and are the type one can effortlessly fold/unfold without passenger's help.

HTH,
a

Seams reasonable.

I got this Covercraft's UVS-100 folding sunscreen for $68 from the OEM, free shipping:
https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/product/uvs100-custom-sunscreen.UV

I've had Covercraft sunscreens in multiple cars in the past - they last forever, and are the type one can effortlessly fold/unfold without passenger's help.

HTH,
a

I ordered the same from eBay for $60 Free Shipping.

CoverCraft Folding Custom Sun Shade Screen / Bag 2017-2019 Tesla Model 3 UV11562 | eBay

Reactions: tvad
I have this one. I like it because it's stiff which I think makes it easier to put in the windshield. It fits well and overall I'm pretty happy with it.

I went with the HeatShield which is a rollup. I will mention that the shade is made of a soft material and the edging on it is soft as well. I've put it in and out of that space everyday multiple times some days since I got it this summer. No issues with any damage because it's soft. I have seen people mention that with the folding ones (and presumably because it's a stiff material), it has scratched their dash leather. If you own one of those, I would be careful of that not happening and also be careful not to damage (tear) the speaker fabric at the very resting edge of where the sunshade needs to go and you tend to push the shade into place to fit. I just read a thread about a guy who accidentally pushed on his door with his foot a bit and tore his speaker fabric at the bottom as a result. Sounds like it might be an expensive fix. Could see this happening to the speaker fabric at the windshield base if not using care or even if you are and just hit it right. Normally nothing would go there let alone something mutiple times a day 7 days a week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron_M3 and outdoors
I went with the HeatShield which is a rollup. I will mention that the shade is made of a soft material and the edging on it is soft as well. I've put it in and out of that space everyday multiple times some days since I got it this summer. No issues with any damage because it's soft. I have seen people mention that with the folding ones (and presumably because it's a stiff material), it has scratched their dash leather. If you own one of those, I would be careful of that not happening and also be careful not to damage (tear) the speaker fabric at the very resting edge of where the sunshade needs to go and you tend to push the shade into place to fit. I just read a thread about a guy who accidentally pushed on his door with his foot a bit and tore his speaker fabric at the bottom as a result. Sounds like it might be an expensive fix. Could see this happening to the speaker fabric at the windshield base if not using care or even if you are and just hit it right. Normally nothing would go there let alone something mutiple times a day 7 days a week.
Thanks for the heads up. The one I have has a soft fabric cover on the edge and I'm pretty gentle putting it in.

I like the stiffness as I can rest it on the top edge of the screen then tip it into place without it ever really touching the dash.

I also don't really use it often as I park underground at work and in garage at home, so your feedback's probably important for someone that will use it everyday/take it in and out a lot.

Costco had a $9 collapsible windshield shade that fit perfectly. Only now after ~5 years and 2 cars later is it starting to show signs of edge wear.

Problem of course being that I haven’t seen them since at Costco.

Will make a note to see if there’s any branding/manufacturer info sewn into the fabric.

I use Heat Shield as well. Bought the whole car package. Even covers the mini triangle window in back. Premium price, but excellent customer service. I lost a suction cup for my side window in a door by accident. I asked about ordering. They sent me a new one gratis.

Edit add: No suction cups are required for windshield. Uses visors to hold.

As personal preference over the years, my wife and I tend to favor folding, or "circle twist" sun shades versus roll-up shades. I will post some impressions of the Amazon folding shade next week.

The Heat Shield gets lots of positive feedback. I'm sure it's very good.