Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s the middle number ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick q

So when I’m charging, what does the middle number mean? The one to the left and right make sense but I don’t understand this one?
B7EB4548-36B9-4CE9-8CBC-8645F40D76D9.jpeg

...middle number mean...

That's how much you have gained during a charge. It can be shown as kWh or Miles or Kilometers depending on your preference.

For those who want to know how much electricity was drawn by your battery, it's important to not disturb the cable connector or charging session before you can record that number. If you disconnect the charging cable, that number is no longer on your screen for you to record it.

With the range, you can still figure it out by recording the range before and after charging and do a subtraction.

Reactions: Fellsteruk
My Rule-of-Thumb : Add State-of-Charge (ie 33%) to the kW (i.e 95) and total should be approximately 120 - you had 128 :)

I wait (before leaving the car) until charging ramps up and if I don't get that I move to another stall (its only happened once that a stall was performing badly, but it has also alerted me to being Paired when i hadn't realised it - e.g. stalls not numbered in an obvious sequence around the car-park!)

b7eb4548-36b9-4ce9-8cbc-8645f40d76d9-jpeg.334670