Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s the one thing you like the least about your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WilliamG

Hinge Fanatic
Apr 20, 2019
Seattle, WA
Sure, I have a laundry list of things I don’t like, but...

Closing the doors with the windows down just makes my entire body cringe. The sound it makes is one of cheap, nasty, econobox misery. It might be worse than any car I’ve experienced. Even thinking about it makes me want to curl up in the fetal position and cry. (Hold me?)

So, what’s your biggest bugbear with the Model 3?

Right now, it's the fact that EAP will not work faster than 5 mph above the posted limit. Here on Maui most roads are posted ten mph slower than even a conservative safe speed. So most traffic flows 15 mph over the posted limit. On roads with two lanes of traffic in each direction, at light traffic times, I'm fine driving 5 mph over the limit and cars can pass me easily if they want. On roads with just one lane in each direction, and when traffic is too heavy for easy passing, using EAP becomes a nuisance to other drivers because 5 mph over the posted limit is way too slow.

Sure, I have a laundry list of things I don’t like, but...

Closing the doors with the windows down just makes my entire body cringe. The sound it makes is one of cheap, nasty, econobox misery. It might be worse than any car I’ve experienced. Even thinking about it makes me want to curl up in the fetal position and cry. (Hold me?)

So, what’s your biggest bugbear with the Model 3?
Put some cheap door seals on it. Problem solved for 50-60 bucks.

Contact AY customs for a great set.

Wipers: why not making the pushbutton on the left lever kind of smart (2 consecutive taps start the wipers, 2 additional tap make it faster, 3 tap make it slower or something similar)

That sounds far too confusing for the average driver.
I have nightmares I will dent the hood when I close the Frunk, Including Hand prints left on my shiny hood.

Replace struts and spring in 5 minutes!

Door handles and no blind spot alert

The exterior door handles are a little tricky, but it’s always an event when I go to open them. It feels “special”.

It’s a small one, but the auto wipers. Randomly coming on and not being that consistent when on. Every luxury manufacturer figured this system out 20 years ago and Tesla is still in beta mode.

I gave up on the auto wipers long ago. Sometimes they wipe when I don't need it, and if it's actually raining they wait too long before wiping. I use the manual settings.

Right now, it's the fact that EAP will not work faster than 5 mph above the posted limit. Here on Maui most roads are posted ten mph slower than even a conservative safe speed. So most traffic flows 15 mph over the posted limit. On roads with two lanes of traffic in each direction, at light traffic times, I'm fine driving 5 mph over the limit and cars can pass me easily if they want. On roads with just one lane in each direction, and when traffic is too heavy for easy passing, using EAP becomes a nuisance to other drivers because 5 mph over the posted limit is way too slow.

BUT YOU LIVE IN MAUI, how bad can life be?:) I know traffic sucks, but you still live in paradise.

That sounds far too confusing for the average driver.
Yeah, well pedal on the right makes you go and the pedal on left makes you stop is far too confusing for the average driver too.:D

Reactions: samk579