Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s the one thing you like the least about your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BUT YOU LIVE IN MAUI, how bad can life be?:) I know traffic sucks, but you still live in paradise.

Hey, the question was what you like least about the car. It's that often I cannot use EAP. But, yeah, life is good here.

@daniel Another Maui + ...... no more waiting in long lineup to buy gas at Costco,
regardless I'm not going back everything has become too bloody expensive!:(

I never bought gas at Costco even when I drove a stinker. Yeah, Maui is expensive, but everything has to be shipped 2,500 miles to get here.

Just use the cruse control by itself, no speed restriction and the lane avoidance helps stay in the lane.

I do use plain TACC when it would be obnoxious to drive just 5 mph over. But, no, "lane avoidance" does not drive the car for me the way EAP does. Not the same thing at all!

You should try them again. They have improved a lot with recent updates.

The wipers behave as I described on my current firmware version, 16.2, which I gather is far from the latest, but I'm not going to request an update just for the wipers. They'll update my car when they're ready to. But I'll keep in mind what you said and try them again next time it rains after I get the next update.

... Having to disable AP during a lane change. ...

I just signal the lane change and the car changes lanes. (Maybe that's a difference between EAP and AP?)

Too many around. (Silicon Valley...)

Today I was driving in Mountain View. Pulled up to a light and not only was there a Model S in front of me, but two other red Model 3s like mine stopped in front of him. Turned the corner and saw another red Model 3. Then a mile or so later saw another red Model 3. (Several other colored Model 3s in between.)

Too many around. (Silicon Valley...)

Today I was driving in Mountain View. Pulled up to a light and not only was there a Model S in front of me, but two other red Model 3s like mine stopped in front of him. Turned the corner and saw another red Model 3. Then a mile or so later saw another red Model 3. (Several other colored Model 3s in between.)
I wish they'd do something like make available a different sixth color each year.

Reactions: VBruce and RBowen
If your mirrors are set correctly you shouldn't have any blind spots when changing lanes.

It is *incredibly* easy to have a vehicle either enter or leave the field of view in a split second, no matter how precisely the mirrors are adjusted. Having continuous monitoring of the rear flanks is a really great feature; unfortunately I disagree with the presentation on the Model 3.

Reactions: WilliamG and RBowen
More votes for:
Blind spot monitoring lights in the side view mirrors. (Yes, I have my mirrors positioned correctly bu I prefer an alert.)
Cross-traffic monitoring
Reduce road noise

New ones?
Use supplemental side view camera for parallel parking
Better quality paint job
Lower prices for optional colors — and more 'free' colors (e.g., non-metallic white)

Reactions: VBruce
This may be slightly out of sync with the topic.
We have a 2018 Model 3 LR RWD and a 2018 Model S 100D.
Both cars are amazing and the Model 3 is an incredible value.
But here are the things I miss from my S when I drive my wife’s Model 3.
1) Some of the functionality of the instrument cluster, mostly not being able to scroll the right steering wheel control to select and place recent calls.
2) The heated steering wheel.
3) Smart Air Suspension.
4) The TACC/Auto Steer Stalk.