Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s the one thing you like the least about your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish it were a hatchback. I must be the only one here.
Naw... I agree with you; coming from a Mazdaspeed3 originally and I learned to love hatchbacks with this car. I thought I could handle the Model 3 not being a hatchback because the trunk was so large and the rear end is cavernous. Week one with the car; I couldn't get a large cardboard box in the back and had to push it in from the side into the rear seats, which made me anxious about scratching the edges of all the doors and was not easy. Makes me want a Y. Other than this one thing; love love love the rest of the car from a "car" standpoint

My only other issue is with the built in media player for two reasons.:
"Loading Error " when listening to podcasts. (Does anyone listen to "Tesla Daily" in the car? that podcast in particular almost always has a loading error and you have to hit it twice for it to play, and even then it cuts out halfway through the podcast.). For how much Tesla laudes their ability to write software; they sure can't figure out how to do long form streaming podcasts properly in the media player which is quite frustrating and I lose my place in them regularly; I've gotten so frustrated with it that I've reverted back to my phone to play media over bluetooth.

Also... USB Media... Actually works pretty good; but I just wish it would pull album art properly from each track individually instead of just the first track in the folder.

Last edited:
The wipers don’t bother me, I put RainX on the windshield, but not on the area around the sensor. So, the sensor sees the rain, as it is, and then I see less, because of the beading from the RainX. For me, the wipng rate, is now spot-on.
Really? Mine hardly ever even triggers in light rain, i have to imo the stalk the entire drive, which can be over an hour... It turn them on and off the whole way using the touchscreen.

I'm not going to use rain x again. leaves a smeary need all over my window.

I’m guessing you’re tall and have the seat back far like me. I agree with you regarding the mirrors. I’m unable to position the left mirror where I’d like it.
Maybe that's my issue, Lane changes can be difficult. The white interior with the dash reflection in the left mirror isn't helping either. I have my mirror positioned correctly and if other drivers are driving to the far left and end up in the right spot it can be very hard to see them without really moving my head to the point I'm not looking in front of me. So I definitely feel there is as blind spot.

Oy.

You know how the auto wipers suddenly wipe once for no obvious reason? Yeah. Did that tonight. Smeared the tiny bug splats really well. Thanks, you useless feature! It hasn’t rained in ages, and... ugh.

Be nice if Tesla could fix this.

The car probably thought the bug splatters were raindrops.

I wish it were a hatchback. I must be the only one here.

I'd prefer a hatchback. But for me it's not that big a deal. I just think a hatchback is a better use of space.

Yes, but I can’t change the speed without looking at the screen. For me is a safety priority.

Same here. Wipers are a safety issue.

No Sirius, the cup holders suck and the trunk design where when opened, water and snow slide right inside.

Snow? What's that? (Sorry. I couldn't resist. After 30 years in North Dakota and 12 in Spokane, I should have moved here at least 20 years ago.)

... I'm not going to use rain x again. leaves a smeary need all over my window.

Yeah. I used it once, many years ago. It worked great at first. But then my windshield started to lose clarity. Not going to use it again.

I've had my M3 LR for 2.5 months now and overall, I'm a huge fan. But if I had to pick one pet peeve, I would agree with others who said it's the auto wipers. For me, they're not sensitive enough. It might be a matter of personal preference so maybe the solution would be to have a way to adjust the sensitivity.

Oh, and if I could ask for one feature enhancement, I would be the ability to see weather radar info on the map.

Not exactly what you are looking for, but, qtes.la has weather radar (real time only).

Interestingly, I find it impossible to get the left mirror to show wide enough to eliminate my blind spot, and the mirrors slowly creep back, so I have to constantly adjust them back wider. Yes, I know 90% of drivers have no idea how to adjust their mirrors. Even if I had a blindspot alert, like my old car, I'd still like to look in my side mirrors. May have to get one of the parabolic round mirror stick-ons for the first time ever.
That is interesting. Maybe there is something wrong with that mirror? Mine swing out far enough to allow me to see the lane on each side in the rear quarter and they don't lose their positions. If you take the car in you might have them look at the mirror.

Reactions: KenC
Well, considering everyone complains about them and they havent been improved much since 2017, I am not sure how simple the software fix really is. I'd say they should have went with the rain sensor and called it a day...

I think they can add a software fix that notices if you use the "one swipe" wiper button a few times in a given period and takes a hint that the wipers need to be doing more.

When i first bought the car it would have been rear visibility, however i've somewhat gotten used to that. Now it has to be the fact that phone key doesn't work reliably. I love not having keys. Do not love having to wake up my phone, enter my code and then bringing up the Tesla app to get the car to unlock.

Do you have an iPhone? I’ve fixed mine by adding Tesla to the widget screen. Been working 100% of the time for days now.

Interestingly, I find it impossible to get the left mirror to show wide enough to eliminate my blind spot, and the mirrors slowly creep back, so I have to constantly adjust them back wider. Yes, I know 90% of drivers have no idea how to adjust their mirrors. Even if I had a blindspot alert, like my old car, I'd still like to look in my side mirrors. May have to get one of the parabolic round mirror stick-ons for the first time ever.

I agree maybe SvC should look at. Shouldn’t move out of place once set in your profile. I have no problem looking at my rear view mirror and seeing the cars still in that mirror’s view while entering the view on my side mirrors.

Reactions: KenC
When i first bought the car it would have been rear visibility, however i've somewhat gotten used to that. Now it has to be the fact that phone key doesn't work reliably. I love not having keys. Do not love having to wake up my phone, enter my code and then bringing up the Tesla app to get the car to unlock.

If you have an iPhone under Settings/Tesla app, do you have Locations set to Always for it? As long as my app is on my car and not my husband’s I’d say I’m about 100% no problems accessing the car with my phone in my purse.

243D9DB7-00F0-43C8-96DC-694D5FB601EF.png

I also have Tesla as a widget btw. Makes it quicker to switch between our two vehicles (not having to locate the Tesla app on my phone to do so). Also immediate tells me if I need to switch. For those that don’t yet use widgets on your phone, all you have to do is just tap on car name and it pulls it up on the app.

Last edited:
No Sirius, the cup holders suck and the trunk design where when opened, water and snow slide right inside.

Maybe cup inserts would solve one of your issues. I bought a set of each size from Chojin’s son and they work great. Here’s showing the small and large versions.

F1566005-6CA1-4C13-96A0-A3BA36A5D4C9.jpeg

There are people selling a similar product now but usually I see only in one size. The kids’ product offers the two sizes which I find fits Starbucks cups from Short on up.

Last edited:
Anyone dislike the two small circles when adjusting the speed of air vent?

Those are so small compare to the empty space around the screen function, makes it very hard to hit it when you are driving in not a smooth road.

Think I know what you are referring to but to adjust flow I almost always use, on the white moving air flow display itself, index finger to swipe up or down to change air flow direction and thumb and index to pinch or expand fingers to split the flow of each vent area. Seldom use the slider controls.

Last edited:
Reactions: StealthP3D