Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s with the “unavailable” supercharger icon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

D.E.

Uncorked
Oct 12, 2016
MI
Recently my local supercharger has been displayed with a slashed circle icon both in the car and on my iPhone app. The supercharger works, there are cars charging there almost every time I drive by.

What does this mean?

A1788FE5-9C45-4995-BF16-709721BA2246.jpeg

That's a sign that the power deliver is unstable and or reduced due to some issue. More than likely they are working on it, but it's not a "fix in a few hours", but more so a much longer time period to fix it. sometimes, they show this as they are upgrading the system there to v3 which again is a multi day effort.

• Informative
Reactions: DavidB
That's a sign that the power deliver is unstable and or reduced due to some issue. More than likely they are working on it, but it's not a "fix in a few hours", but more so a much longer time period to fix it. sometimes, they show this as they are upgrading the system there to v3 which again is a multi day effort.

Thanks. It’s been a couple of months now. I live just a couple of miles from the supercharger so I didn’t know if that was because I have the lifetime supercharging and they didn’t want me charging there or whether there was an issue that had nothing to do with me.

I’ve also seen it at the Dedham MA Supercharger which is also a Service Center. When they are busy delivering cars, they monopolize the SC chargers. Cars arrive with a low charge. Seems to better now, SC is often available.
Now there are a lot more SC in greater Boston.