Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s worse than an ICEd charging spot...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took mother in law to M&S in Warrington today the big one near IKEA, both chartering spots where empty which was great.

When I came out what did I see, only a mother MX parked in the space next to me, MX are like rocking horse poop in the north so was a little shocked but that then turned to being pissed off.

Wasn’t even charging...

Why do some people think that these spaces are just for EV drivers, it’s no real wonder they get ICEd when Some EV drivers don’t respect that some people may need them.

As I was leaving a leaf needed my space not sure if he’d been waiting or not but really pi$$ed me off.

Aka a dimwatt

You get this a lot and just have to get used to it. Much like people that are not disabled (yet) parking in disabled and people without kids parking in mother and baby.

I have once or twice used a 5m cable and parked right behind them to charge.

Reactions: zap fizzle
Yeah pretty annoying. Just got my S75D a month ago and have seen one instance of an unplugged Tesla on a stall at Westfield London at a super busy time and I had to wait for 30 mins to get a free one. Another annoying thing is hogging the stall that is paired with yours when there are other totally free pairs. No amount of explaining the charging concept is getting through their thick dumb skulls :(

Aka a dimwatt

You get this a lot and just have to get used to it. Much like people that are not disabled (yet) parking in disabled and people without kids parking in mother and baby.

I have once or twice used a 5m cable and parked right behind them to charge.

Just another example of how selfish/ignorant/stupid many people really are. It really doesn't surprise me in the slightest and I've learned to expect it. It's almost a surprise when people do show some consideration for others!

Surprised nobody has spotted that there's money to be made here.

Plenty of over-zealous car park monitoring companies out there, stick a camera up, check the index plate and bam a nice little earner.
Normally I wouldn't encourage the pernicious cretins but maybe they could serve some useful purpose.

Mind you I think I posted on another thread about a bloody great Ford SUV parked across both bays at a local destination charger, when I queried it with the manager he apologized and said the driver was so drunk they could let him drive off and the charging spots were the only ones he could park in without risking other vehicles :eek:

Reactions: Fellsteruk
978A86A3-6DC1-47F4-91EE-7778328176F1.jpeg

Lol that’s funny... bad but funny. I was iced by a lorry today thankfully he only blocked two of the eight chargers

Was actually three lorrys but one left just after I got there. How nice of him...

I saw this sign in the very congested central plaza area of Santa Fe, New Mexico. I thought a variation of this would be great at Tesla Supercharger locations!

IMG_0759.JPG

Instead of reading "Private Parking", it could read "Tesla Charging. Others Park at Your Own Risk!"

View attachment 339896

Lol that’s funny... bad but funny. I was iced by a lorry today thankfully he only blocked two of the eight chargers

Was actually three lorrys but one left just after I got there. How nice of him...

I once went to Birchwood one evening and there were no fewer than 5 lorries blocking access. A sixth parked up and nearly blocked me getting out the space.